Bunny chow- my version. Bunny Chow, also called 'bunny' is one of the Indian community's contributions to South African cuisine. When I first heard about Bunny Chow from a taxi driver in Cape Town, I was intrigued. But this African street food is usually made with meat, and I couldn't find a vegetarian version while I was.
Bunny chow, often referred to simply as a bunny, is a South African fast food dish consisting of a hollowed-out loaf of white bread filled with curry. It originated among Indian South Africans of Durban. A small version of the bunny chow that uses only a quarter loaf of bread is sometimes called. You can cook Bunny chow- my version using 25 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bunny chow- my version
- Prepare of boneless lamb cubes.
- It’s of onions finely chopped.
- You need of ginger garlic paste.
- You need of bay leaf.
- It’s of garam masala powder.
- It’s of red chilli powder.
- Prepare of roasted-pounded coriander seeds.
- Prepare of oil.
- You need of whole wheat buns.
- It’s of Marinade :.
- Prepare of vinegar.
- It’s of dry kashmiri chillies.
- It’s of oil.
- Prepare of garlic cloves.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of onion chopped and deep fried.
- You need of Stock :.
- Prepare of Lamb bones and left over lamb meat if any.
- Prepare of bay leaf.
- It’s of black cardamoms crushed.
- It’s of green cardamoms crushed.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- Prepare of cloves.
- You need of roughly chopped ginger.
- Prepare of Salt as required.
Bunny chow – South Africa's own street food – Cooksister Food, Travel, Photography. **DISCLAIMER** – no fluffy bunnies were harmed in the South African Mini Bunny Chow – Honest Cooking. Shuchi Mittal with a cocktail version of the famous South African Indian Bunny Chows. Durban S Top Bunny Chow S.
Bunny chow- my version step by step
- Deep fry onion until golden brown and crisp, keep aside. Similarly fry potato cubes and keep separately..
- Soak kashmiri chillies in vinegar and half cup of water for 30 minutes. Add garlic cloves, salt, fried onion and oil. Grind it to fine paste. Marinate lamb cubes in this chilli onion paste for an hour to overnight..
- Make stock by pressure cooking the ingredients given for stock in 4-5 cups of water. Strain the stock. Keep it warm..
- In a pan heat up oil, add bay leaf and chopped onion, fry until they turn brown. Add ginger garlic paste fry for a while..
- Add turmeric, chilli powder and little water. Fry till oil separates..
- Add marinated lamb cubes, fry on high heat, let the masala coat the pieces well. Add, roasted crushed coriander seeds and garam masala powder, reduce the flame and continue frying for 15 minutes..
- Add mutton stock, cover and simmer till its cooked well. Taste and adjust the seasoning..
- Add potato cubes, adjust the consistency of the masala/gravy. Cook just for a few minutes after adding the potatoes..
- Take pav, slice off 1/4 portion and hollow the rest of it. I am using whole wheat buns as it remains firm for a longer time..
- Brush some oil inside and bake the bun bowls in a pre heated oven for 7 minutes..
- Fill the bun bowls with prepared lamb and serve immediately..
Wilbur Sargunaraj Simple Superstar Official Music Video. I Love My Bunny Chow Featuring Simple Superstars At Carl Sitole Orphanage Soweto. I Love My Bunny Chow – Single. People from Durban are very proud of their Bunny Chow and its heritage – a cheap curry from the depression era. The version here is made with meat, but you can substitute with red and white kidney beans. Скачать – I Love My Bunny Chow Wilbur Sargunaraj.