Roast Chicken with stuffing and very fat pigs in blankets.
You can have Roast Chicken with stuffing and very fat pigs in blankets using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roast Chicken with stuffing and very fat pigs in blankets
- Prepare of chicken:.
- You need 1 of chicken (oven ready) size doesn't matter.
- It’s of salt, pepper and paprika.
- Prepare 1/3 of onion in its whole state but without peel.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s of pigs in blankets:.
- You need 2 of thick link sausages per person (these can be any type of links, i use pork and black pepper from my local farm but this works with any sausage as long as it's a thick one).
- You need 1 of bacon (smoked, unsmoked, thick, thin, back, middle or streaky) cut into ¾ inch strips.
- It’s of stuffing:.
- It’s 2 slices of bread (white, brown, seeded, etc).
- Prepare 2/3 of onion.
- You need 2 tsp of sage.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black or white pepper.
- You need 2 oz of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of Apple sauce (optional).
Roast Chicken with stuffing and very fat pigs in blankets step by step
- For the chicken: give it a quick rinse inside and out then pat dry with some kitchen paper.
- Take the onion and shove it up into the cavity as far as it will go.
- Sprinkle the bird with the seasoning all over, then drizzle on the oil and rub it well into the skin.
- Make the stuffing: put all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until all combined or rub the bread into breadcrumbs and finely chop the onion before mixing in the seasoning and butter.
- Push the stuffing into the cavity of the chicken.
- Put the chicken, breast down, into a roasting tin and place in the middle of a hot oven 200ºC gas mark 6 initially for 30 minutes.
- Take each thick sausage and twist in the middle. Then, using a kitchen scissors, snip into two equal halves..
- Wrap each sausage half in a strip of bacon and either secure with a cocktail stick or place in dish with the bacon join on the underside.
- After 30 minutes turn the oven to 180ºC and turn the chicken onto its back with breast uppermost and cook the chicken for 15 minutes per pound (so for my 4lb bird that's another hour).
- Put the pan of sausages in for the last 45 minutes – near the top of the oven.
- You should now have a lovely moist, perfectly cooked chicken with flavorful stuffing and fat sticky pigs in blankets.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One of the best points of adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to attain this, even in this hectic world we are living in. We need to go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Most people think nothing of not taking care of their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem right away. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make some necessary alterations in your life. When your body wears out, you can’t trade it in for a new one, like your car. You must take care of yourself while you can. Your body has to have proper nutrients to function at its best levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are putting in your mouth is healthy for you? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that almost all people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and several others, possibly induced by the foods that are eaten. Men and women are becoming more and more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food stores. In all probability, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food aisle. This section has what are now recognized as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been found to slow down certain diseases, or even overturn them. By eating these superfoods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how well you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will enable it to work well. When this happens, your immune system will easily fight off illnesses. You have to have a few superfoods in your diet daily. To start with, beans are excellent, and berries, particularly blueberries. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole grains, and oats, together with an assortment of nuts, mainly walnuts. Make sure you consume proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will eliminate your problems with gaining weight. Green living gives you a solid eating plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. You will discover that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fight against disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by changing your food choices right now.