Halloween Cherry 'Eye' Pies. When cool, draw a white line under the cherry eye and a tiny dot. In our Thursday Seasonal Kitchen this week we made our own Halloween Cherry Eye Pie 👀👻 with Katie Davies. Our home cooks cooked along with Katie and they all.
Brush the top of the pie with the egg white. When pies are cool, you can draw a white line under the cherry eye and a tiny dot using a brush and writting gel. This Jack Skellington Pie is a fun and spooky way to serve up a halloween pie. You can have Halloween Cherry 'Eye' Pies using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Halloween Cherry 'Eye' Pies
- You need of Sweet Shortcrust Pastry.
- It’s 225 g of plain flour.
- It’s 110 g of butter, cubed & cold.
- It’s 80 g of caster sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s of Or 1 packet of shopbought shortcrust pastry.
- You need of Sour Cherry Jam.
- It’s 12 of cherries, pitted and frozen, (I use tinned).
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare of Caster sugar, to sprinkle.
- You need of Edible white paint.
The sweet and syrupy cherry balsamic pie will tantalize your taste buds!. Cut out the slits for the eye brows and mouth. Gently flip the pie crust over and gently place it over the pie filling, making sure the face is resting in the center of the pie.. Cherry Pie Filling – using canned cherry pie filling gives a spooky Halloween treat appearance and is easy!
Halloween Cherry 'Eye' Pies step by step
- Make the pastry: Blitz the flour and butter in a food processor, mix through the sugar, the egg, a dough should form if not add a little water. Bring together into a ball with you hands, but do not kneed. Flatten and wrap in cling film and chill for approx 1 hour..
- Preheat the oven to 170 fan. Once chilled, roll out the pastry to the rough thickness of a round coin. Cut out rounds using a cookie cutter, large enough to fit a fairy cake pan, line the bases of the tin..
- Fill each pastry case with a spoonful of jam, be carful not to overfill the cases. Cut out 12 further circles of pastry and top the pies, brush the edge of the bottom pastry circle with a little egg wash then squish the edges together..
- Brush each pie with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar..
- Add a frozen cherry to the top of each of the pies. Then using the pastry off cuts cut 12 smaller circles, then cut a straight side of each of the circles, place this over the cherry to form an "eyelid". Brush the "eyelid" with for egg wash..
- Bake for 12-15 mins until golden brown. Transfer top a cooling rack and allow to cool..
- Once cool add a white pupil with edible paint..
If you prefer you can use homemade cherry pie filling. Egg – the egg is beaten and brushed on the 'mummy wrappings' on top of the hand pie for a slightly shiny look after they are baked. For the open eye mini pies, start by using your thumb to put a dimple into the center of the pie where you want your eye to be. Then roll out a small ball of dough and place it in the dimple. See recipes for Inverted Holiday Cream Cheese Cherry Pie 🥧 too.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One great thing about green living is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is doable regardless of how filled and frenzied your life is. We should take a step back and fight diseases before they develop. Regrettably, majority of people don’t worry about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. Wherever you look, you hear about some magic pill that will instantly fix your latest problem. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make some essential alterations in your life. Unlike buying a car, you cannot trade in your exhausted body for a new one. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to look after your body. Your body needs the right nutrients to run at its most effective levels. Do you eat because something is available and you savor the taste or do you choose nutritional foods? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food place or get junk food at the local convenience store? Consuming sugar and starches, and greasy foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and several others, likely triggered by the foods that are ingested. People are opting to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. Healthy food is now found at local grocery and health food stores. Majority of grocery stores these days sell organic foods. There you will be able to find what science has named superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious diseases. You will see that you think more clearly when you begin to eat these foods. You will start to feel a lot better when you opt to eat the superfoods in place of junk food. Your body will begin to run as it was meant to when you give it the proper nutrition. As a result, the immune system is better able to fight off any illness. See to it that you integrate these superfoods into your daily diet. To start, beans are excellent, and berries, particularly blueberries. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole grains, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, primarily walnuts. Furthermore, you may wish to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. Green living provides you with a healthy diet plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. You will discover that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fight against disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits now.