Rum Raisin Cheesecake. Add the raisins and rum and orange zest and beat just until well mixed. Pour the filling into the prepared crust. Rum & Raisin Cheesecake – A delicious no-bake cheesecake inspired by the classic ice cream flavour.
Pour water over raisins and leave to stand. In large bowl, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar with mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Blend the biscuits in a food processor, or crush in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. You can have Rum Raisin Cheesecake using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rum Raisin Cheesecake
- You need 250 grams of Cream cheese.
- It’s 150 grams of Low fat non-dairy whipped cream.
- Prepare 40 grams of plus Sugar.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 40 grams of Raisins.
- You need 2 tbsp of Rum (dark rum for baking).
- You need 2 of cookies x 3 Store-bought cookies or or biscuits.
- It’s 30 grams of Unsalted butter.
From the GBBO recipe book, this rum and raisin cheesecake is perfect for a dinner party. The baked cheesecake is decorated with extra rum-soaked raisins. From the book The Great British Bake Off: How to Bake: The Perfect Victoria Sponge and Other Baking Secrets by Linda Collister. Remove the cheesecake to a wire rack and immediately run a knife around the edges to release it from the pan.
Rum Raisin Cheesecake step by step
- Here is the cream cheese and the whipped cream that I used..
- Add rum into the raisins. Microwave for 30 seconds to heat lightly (for best results, let it rest for 1-3 days)..
- Crush the cookies inside their pouches (use any kind of cookies or biscuits you prefer or omit it)..
- Mix the cookies with melted butter, and press down along the bottom of the cake pan..
- Microwave the cream cheese for 40 seconds to soften. Add the sugar, and knead to mix..
- Add the cream cheese in small batches and mix. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Add into the cream cheese in small batches to mix..
- Fold in the flour. Also add the lemon juice and the rum used to soak the raisins..
- Pour the mixture into a cake pan lined with parchment paper. Scatter the raisins. Take care to drop in each raisin to spread it out evenly..
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 50 minutes at 170℃. Adjust the time according to how quickly the surface browns..
- If you have apricot jam, dissolve in a small amount of hot water and spread it on the surface of the cake. This improves the cake's flavor..
While cake has ten minutes to go, make the glaze. Turn off flame and pour in rum. Allow to sit for five minutes. Instead of a glaze grab a jar of caramel-butterscotch ice cream topping (room temp) and pours a bit on the top of the batter in the pan. I used my base cheesecake recipe and then added the raisins and rum.
Going Green for Better Health By Eating Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of green living that many people appreciate. Despite the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can accomplish this. We must get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. A lot of individuals think nothing of abusing their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. You can’t turn around without being bombarded by ads about the latest pill to deal with your health problems. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old negative habits. When your body ceases to function properly, you can’t get a new body. You need to learn how to look after your body as early as possible. Your body cannot run correctly if it does not get proper nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are eating is good for you? Do you typically eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food restaurants? Consuming sugar and starches, and also fatty foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are being discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, possibly triggered by the foods that are consumed. People are opting to eat better now that they are aware of how important food choices are to their health. Today it is much easier to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. Virtually all grocery stores nowadays sell organic foods. In the organic food section, you’ll be able to find superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to slow down or reverse certain illnesses. By eating these foods, your body will become healthier. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how well you will soon feel. Your body will begin to run as it was meant to when you supply it with the correct nutrition. By doing this, your immune system will easily ward off health conditions. Your daily diet must include at least several of these super foods. To start, beans are very good, and berries, in particular blueberries. Then, add several veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Don’t forget whole grains and nuts. Additionally, you may wish to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. You will enjoy good health when you decide to eat the green living way. You will find that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to ward off disease. You can look forward to a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.