Japanese Nigiri Sushi. Nigiri is one of the most traditional types of sushi, consisting of fresh fish or vegetables draped over small pods of seasoned sushi rice. Make beautiful nigiri sushi for serving at dinner parties or enjoying at lunch with a cup of tea or a little sake. Nigiri is that familiar style of sushi made up of an oval-shaped mound of rice with a slice of (usually) raw fish on top.
Literally meaning "hand-pressed sushi", nigiri sushi is the small rectangular ball of rice topped with a slice of fish (sashimi) – the image most people have, when we hear the word sushi. Cook the sushi rice and let cool. Grab a small amount of rice and shape into an oval. You can cook Japanese Nigiri Sushi using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Nigiri Sushi
- It’s 3/4 cup of raw rice, soaked for an hour (I used Basmati Rice).
- You need 1 tbsp. of sesame oil.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of each of coloured bell peppers, sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of prawns.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken slices.
- It’s 1-2 of sausages, sliced.
- You need 1 of boiled egg. sliced.
- It’s 1 of long eggplant, sliced.
- You need as needed of coriander leaves.
- Prepare as required of spring onion (green part).
- You need 1/2 of tomato, sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green chutney.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sweet tomato chutney.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of chaat masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of red chili powder (optional).
- It’s 2 tbsp. of oil.
Place at the centre of one of your palms and press the sides gently with the other hand's thumb and middle finger. Roll and press a few times to create slightly packed rice. The Most Popular Type of Nigiri Sushi The most popular type of nigiri sushi is SALMON! Which seems to be the most popular fish for sushi in the U.
Japanese Nigiri Sushi instructions
- Pressure cook the rice in 2 cups water for 10 minutes on a low flame after the first whistle. Open the lid only after 1/2 an hour. Mash well. Add sesame oil and salt. Mix and keep aside..
- Chop / slice the veggies..
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the eggplants, prawns, chicken and sausages separately. (Add more oil at this stage if required). Drain and keep aside..
- In the absence of the Sushi moulds, it can be done with your hands. Take a small ball of rice and shape like a rectangular or oblong shaped koftas..
- Press it tightly with your fingers, apply some chutney over it and place any topping over it. Securely tie it with a spring onion and serve with green chutney / sweet chutney a la Indian style..
Salmon nigiri sushi is very popular among Japanese females especially. Have an authentic Japanese sushi experience. Japan Hokkaido premium sushi rice with our favorite ingredients sourced from Japan. A nigiri press that shapes the rice simple and easy. Top with beautiful King Salmon and vibrant Hawaiian Ultra Ahi for the perfect bite.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health One good thing about adopting a green lifestyle is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to attain this, even in this busy world we live in. We should take a step back and fix diseases before they happen. Regrettably, majority of people don’t trouble themselves about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem instantly. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old negative habits. Unlike buying a car, you cannot trade in your worn out body for a new one. You have to take care of your health while you are able to. Your body requires sufficient amounts of nutrients to operate at its optimum levels. Do you eat because food is available and you love the taste or do you opt for foods that are good for you? Do you regularly eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food restaurants? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that virtually all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. The foods we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. People are opting to eat better now that they realize how important food choices are to their health. Lots of good food can now be being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Nowadays, you can find an organic food section in nearly all grocery stores. There you will be able to get what science has termed superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to delay certain diseases, or even overturn them. You will see that you think more clearly when you start to consume these superfoods. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice a surprising increase in how much better you feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to work. As a result, the immune system is better able to fight off any illness. See to it that you integrate these superfoods into your diet every day. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Add in whole grains and nuts. Moreover, you should include yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. By eating these superfoods every day, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. You will enjoy good health when you decide to eat the green living way. You will discover that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fight against disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits today.