American-Style Biscuits. Tip the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and a good pinch of salt into a large bowl or food processor. Rub in the butter with your fingers or whizz in a food processor until fine crumbs form. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using your fingertips, rub butter and shortening into dry ingredients until mixture looks. Place on a baking sheet, in cast iron skillet, or a biscuit baker, and brush lightly with buttermilk, if desired. You can have American-Style Biscuits using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of American-Style Biscuits
- You need 200 grams of ○ Cake flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of ○ Baking powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ○ Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 50 grams of Salted butter.
- It’s 100 ml of Whey (can substitute milk).
- You need 1 dash of Milk (to finish).
If you like, brush the hot biscuits immediately with melted butter, and enjoy. Now, biscuit placement is key to getting good rise out of the biscuits. This should give enough air between the biscuits to allow even heating, but not so much space that the biscuits spread out when they rise. Don't spin the biscuit cutter, just press straight down.
American-Style Biscuits step by step
- Add the ○ dry ingredients to a bowl and use a whisk to mix together. Make sure there are no lumps..
- Cut the butter into 1 cm cubes and cool. You can also use a chilled spoon to reduce their size before mixing them in..
- Mix the butter in using a spatula in a cutting motion. Use your hands at the end to knead into a crumbly texture..
- Make a depression in the center and add the whey (or milk) in 2-3 parts. Let it soak in without kneading. Gather it together in one lump and place in a plastic bag..
- Stretch it out to a 1 cm thinness while still in the bag (it should be 15 x 20 cm large). Using a rolling pin helps things go more quickly. Let sit in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours..
- Preheat the oven to 200℃. Remove the dough from the bag, and fold two or three times. Press down on it to get it to stick together..
- Use a knife or a cookie cutter to make the individual biscuits. Brush milk on top, place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper, and bake at 200 ℃ for 18 minutes..
- They're delicious hot from the oven! If they cool down too much, you can warm them up a bit and enjoy with butter or jam..
These won't work if you use a glass to cut the dough. Place these biscuit 'disks' onto your baking paper a few cm apart. Unlike traditional biscuits (like these Vanilla Orange Buttermilk Biscuits), drop biscuits don't require any rolling, laminating, or cutting out. You simply mix together the dough, scoop it out, drop on the pan, and bake! A drop biscuit typically isn't flaky like its traditional counterparts.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green For Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of green living that a lot of individuals appreciate. It is possible to do this, even in this hectic world we live in. We must return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. A lot of folks have the attitude of destroying the body today, and fix it with a pill tomorrow. We’re bombarded with ads for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem instantly. Naturally, some of these pills can help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. Once your body wears out, you won’t be able to trade it in for a new one, like your car. You mustn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take goood care of your health. Proper nutrition is important for your body to run at optimum levels. Do you eat because food is available and you like what they taste or do you go for foods that are good for you? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? Because a lot of folks decide to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. The things we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. Men and women are becoming more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food stores. In all probability, your local grocery store now has an organic food area. There you will be able to find what science has called superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to retard certain diseases, or even overturn them. By consuming these superfoods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note a surprising increase in how good you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will allow it to function well. When this happens, the immune system is better able to fight off any illness. You should include several superfoods in your diet everyday. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, plus a variety of nuts, mainly walnuts. Additionally, you may wish to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By consuming these superfoods regularly, you should not have to worry about any weight gain problems. You will enjoy good health as you choose to eat the green living way. You will see that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fight against disease. Prepare for an awesome future by making positive changes to your eating habits today.