Pain de Campagne with Chocolate, Cranberries,and Yuzu Peel. Great recipe for Pain de Campagne with Chocolate, Cranberries,and Yuzu Peel. I wanted to make a colorful and festive pain de campagne. I made my yuzu peel using cafe-cafe's recipe.
Adjust the amount of water added so that the dough is not sticky. Cocoa powder absorbs moisture well, so I think this dough is easy to knead. Turn the loaf out on the peel or board, so that the smooth side, which was on the towel, is now face up. You can have Pain de Campagne with Chocolate, Cranberries,and Yuzu Peel using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pain de Campagne with Chocolate, Cranberries,and Yuzu Peel
- You need 230 grams of All-purpose flour.
- You need 20 grams of Sugarless cocoa powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of or (to taste) Cinnamon powder.
- You need 4 grams of Natural Salt.
- It’s 10 grams of Raw cane sugar.
- You need 160 grams of Water.
- You need 2 of bar Dark chocolate.
- Prepare 30 grams of Dried cranberries.
- It’s 10 of to 20 grams Yuzu peel (seeor other citrus peel of your choice.
- Prepare 100 grams of Homemade natural bread starter or leaven.
Using a razor blade or bread knife, score the loaf with one cut, or in an X pattern, or in. Basic Chocolate Truffles; Chocolate Chestnut Lasagna; Chocolate-Ginger Tart; Super Simple Chocolate Mousse; Black Forest Gateau; Choco. The following day, put all the ingredients into the bowl of the mixer fitted with the dough hook and add the dough starter. Pain de campagne has an American cousin, called sourdough.
Pain de Campagne with Chocolate, Cranberries,and Yuzu Peel instructions
- Take the starter out of the refrigerator, and bring it to room temperature. Chop up the chocolate and yuzu peel finely, and combine with the cranberries..
- Sift the flours into a bowl, and mix with the salt, sugar, and starter..
- Mix together roughly with a pastry scraper, then add the body-temperature water little by little while kneading..
- When the dough comes together, take it out onto a kneading board and knead until smooth..
- Put on the additions, and knead them in. Alternatively you can put the additions on top of the formed loaf later; whichever works best for you..
- Form a ball with the dough so that none of the additions are on the surface, and leave for the 1st rising..
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap, and leave in a warm room until it had doubled or tripled in size. Take the dough out of the bowl and punch it down to deflate..
- Round off the dough again, and leave to rest for 20 minutes..
- Spread out the dough again to deflate it, and round it off again with a smooth, taut surface..
- Place the ball of dough gently in a well floured banneton (bread rising bowl) with the seam side facing up, and start the 2nd rise..
- When the dough has increased to 1.5 to 2 times its original volume, take it out of the banneton and slash the top of the loaf..
- Preheat the oven with the baking sheet inside to 250°C. Lower the heat to 220°C, and bake the loaf for about 18 minutes. I used a steam oven..
- Lower the temperature to 210°C, and bake for another 10 minutes to finish. If it looks like it's getting burned on top, cover with a piece of aluminum foil..
- The loaf is baked. I put the additions on the top this time..
- This is how it looks sliced. The red cranberries and the yellow peel contrast beautifully with the brown bread..
Sourdough, however, has a far tangier flavor, whereas the flavor of pain de campagne is more subdued; it tends to have more of a tangy finish , rather than a blast of sour flavor from the moment it hits your tongue, like American sourdough does. Pain de Campagne, country bread, is a French bread typically made with a combination of mostly white flour with added whole wheat or rye flour. The leavening can be from either a starter or commercial yeast. Pain de campagne, or "country bread", is rustic bread baked throughout all regions of French. There really is no one correct way to make a Pain de campagne loaf; the formulas are as varied as are the traditions of shaping the loaves.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Great Health One of the greatest reasons for going green is to slow down and revel in life. This is doable regardless of how filled and frenzied your life is. We need to go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Most people think nothing of not taking care of their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. We’re bombarded with ads for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem right away. There are some pills that help, but only if you make a couple of essential modifications in your life. As soon as your body wears out, you cannot trade it in for a new one, like your car. You should take care of your body while you are able to. Your body has to have proper nutrients to run at its optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what goes into your mouth is good for you? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food joints? Consuming sugar and starches, as well as fatty foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are cropping up all of the time? The food products we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. Men and women are becoming more and more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Healthy food is now being sold at local grocery and health food markets. Most probably, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food area. This section is full of what are now recognized as superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious health conditions. Eating these foods will help your mental health. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note an amazing increase in how good you feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to function. This in turn will allow your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. Make sure you integrate these superfoods into your daily diet. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, primarily walnuts. See to it that you eat proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t ever have to worry about your weight again. Green living offers you a healthy eating plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be better, and your body can potentially ward off diseases. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits today.