Brown rice and tuna salad. Tuna Rice Salad. by Robin Batterson. Brown Rice, Tuna and Salad was recorded by Troy Brady at Evergreen Studios. Special thanks to Dan Brown and Troy Brady for playing along.
As a test, I left one. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe It uses lemon, brown rice, salad greens, green beans, bell pepper, caper, olive oil, tarragon, olive, canned tuna, egg, red onion, balsamic vinegar. This tuna salad is perfect if you're on a diet. You can have Brown rice and tuna salad using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brown rice and tuna salad
- You need 1 cup of brown rice, cooked.
- Prepare 1 pc. of bell pepper or tomato, chopped.
- You need 1/2 pc. of cucumber, deseeded, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, small, finely chopped.
- It’s Handful of dried fruit / pineapple tidbits, drained.
- You need Handful of lettuce.
- You need of Protein & Spices.
- You need 1/2 can of chunky tuna in water/brine, drained.
- Prepare Handful of chopped walnuts.
- You need 1/8 cup of lemon / lime juice.
- It’s Dash of salt, to taste (garlic salt is ok too).
- It’s Dash of paprika or cayenne, to taste.
- You need Dash of olive oil, to taste.
- Prepare Dash of honey, to taste.
- You need of Optional.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mayo-less egg salad (check my cookpad page for recipe)OR.
- It’s 1 tbsp of hummus.
We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. This quick, healthy and tasty tuna and brown rice salad is perfect for lunch boxes. Serve on a bed of nutty brown rice salad with toasted peanuts for a power-packed meal that's super-tasty and good for you too. Add tomatoes, cucumber, rocket and tuna to rice.
Brown rice and tuna salad instructions
- Wash and cook brown rice according to package instruction..
- Prepare your bell peppers, onion, and garlic: wash, slice, chop and place them all on a big bowl. [You also have to option to quick fry your onion and garlic if you like, before mixing them with other ingredients].
- On the same bowl, add in all the specified protein and spices [and the optional ingredients you fancy]. Set aside and cover while waiting for rice to cook..
- Wash your lettuce, then dry, and cut them into bite sizes by hands. Transfer 1 serving of lettuce on a serving bowl and set aside. Keep leftover lettuce on a ziplock bag and store in fridge. Note: Using a knife to cut lettuce makes lettuce taste bitter. Strange but true, based from experience..
- Soon as the brown rice is cooked. Take 1 cup rice. Add them to the bowl of quickly marinated veggies (w/o lettuce). Mix them well..
- For 1 serve, transfer 1/2 cup brown rice mixture on the serving bowl with lettuce and stir them a bit. Garnish with extra chopped walnuts or dried fruit if you want..
- Keep the brown rice mix leftovers on a container then store in fridge. And it would taste even better the next day! If the leftover mixture has cooled down, you can mix-in the lettuce before storing the meal in fridge. Or alternatively, just bring a ziplock of lettuce with your packed brown rice and mix them upon consumption. Enjoy!.
This is "Brown rice and tuna salad" by Webpreneur Academy on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them. Ideal for busy households, this hearty salad keeps well in the fridge for up to three days, ready to be spooned into a bowl whenever you're peckish The cooked rice will have probably clumped together, so break it up in a large mixing bowl. Flake in the tuna, then mix in the peas, peppers, tomatoes. Black Bean and Brown Rice SaladPeanut Butter Fingers. A rice tuna salad enriched with several vegetables.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Terrific Way To Go Green For Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of going green that most individuals appreciate. In spite of the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can achieve this. We should get back to where it was better to avoid disease in the first place. Regrettably, most people don’t concern themselves about their health as they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. Everywhere you look, you hear about some magic pill that will immediately fix your latest problem. Naturally, a number of these pills can help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. Once your body wears out, you can’t exchange it for a new one, like your car. You have to learn how to take care of your body before it is too late. Your body cannot run correctly if it fails to get proper nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are eating is beneficial for you? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food eating places? Ingesting sugar and starches, and oily foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and a lot others, perhaps triggered by the foods that are ingested. Individuals are becoming more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Nowadays it is so easy to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Majority of grocery stores now sell organic foods. This section has what are today known as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to delay a number of diseases, or even overturn them. By ingesting these foods, your body will become healthier. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how healthy you will soon feel. Your body will begin to work as it was meant to when you give it the proper nutrition. As a result, it will enable your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. You need to have some superfoods in your diet everyday. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are some other essentials. Make sure you include proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems. You will enjoy optimal health when you decide to eat the green living way. You will find that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits today.