Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Traditional Filipino Flan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Traditional Filipino Flan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Money.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. That has fully changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are unable to transform things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. These kinds of changes need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen area is a good place to start saving energy by going much more green.
Although it may not taste as good, cooking food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and perhaps this little bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it comes to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save plenty of energy and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You might reckon that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, but that is certainly not true. You get the greatest energy savings by fully loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. Don’t dry the dishes using heat, make use of the cool dry or air dry options to increase the money you save.
The kitchen by itself gives you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. Efficient living is definitely something we can all do, without difficulty. Typically, all it requires is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to traditional filipino flan recipe. You can have traditional filipino flan using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Traditional Filipino Flan:
- Get 12 large of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 can of condensed milk.
- Get 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Get 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 dash of lemon zest.
- Get 1 tbsp of lemon extract or lemon juice.
- Use 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Get 2 tbsp of water.
Instructions to make Traditional Filipino Flan:
- Separate egg yolks and save the whites for breakfast..
- Mix all ingredients exept the sugar together..
- Slowly heat the sugar, vanilla and water in a flan pan that has a hatch lock lid on it until the sugar caramelizes. Add more water as needed (very little) to speed up melting. You're just trying to coat the bottom and the sides of the flan pan. DO NOT OVERHEAT. SUGAR BURNS FAST..
- Once the sugar has coated your pan take off of the heat and let cool for five minutes or so..
- Pour mixture into the pan and lock down the lid. It should fill to about 3/4 of the pan. Set the pan inside a steamer and steam for about an hour, if you don't have a steamer put pan inside the oven at 350° sitting in another pan with water. Do not open pan until the time has passed but monitor your water level..
- When you remove the flan let it rest for about 5 to 7 minutes and slice around the sides of the pan to keep it from cracking as it cools. Let it rest another ten to twenty minutes more before you attempt to flip it onto a plate. The point is to keep the form but don't wait too long or the sugar can harden. You want the caramel to be liquid. You will get the feel for it..
- Refrigerate overnight for best results. Don't be surprised if you have to make this every day for a while..
It is a sweet dish traditionally served as dessert at parties, fiestas, and other special occasions. It is also commonly used as topping for shaved ice such as halo-halo or in other treats such as floating island or graham de leche. Leche Flan is the top dessert in the Philippines. The dining table won't be complete without it especially during celebrations such as parties and town fiestas. I remember the Leche Flan that my Lola Belen makes when I was still living in Las Pinas.
If you find this Traditional Filipino Flan recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.