Mexican Bean Soup. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. The other main ingredient in this Mexican bean soup recipe is yellow onion, which is also one of the cheaper things you can buy at the grocery store. You'll also need some chicken broth (super cheap if you make your own from chicken scraps!), garlic, salt, pepper, vegetable oil, and a little bit of cayenne pepper and cumin.
Bonus: it's super easy to make and cooks up in one pot, making it perfect for weeknight dinners. Charro Bean Soup Instructions: Place the beans and its broth in a large stockpot and set aside. If you prefer to cook the bacon first until it gets crispy and remove the fat, then add the chorizo to cook with the bacon. You can have Mexican Bean Soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Bean Soup
- It’s 1 cup of boiled red kidney beans.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of finely chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped green capsicum (I didn't use).
- You need 1/2 cup of finely chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 2 cups of roughly chopped fresh tender spinach leaves.
- Prepare 2-3 of Sun dried tomatoes (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano(dried).
- You need to taste of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare For of garnish:.
- Prepare as required of Coriander leaves and spring onions.
- It’s as required of Feta cheese (crumbled).
Be the first to review this recipe. Quick and easy soup recipe that also freezes wonderfully. Make a double batch and freeze individual portions for quick lunches. Make veggie or bean soups thick and creamy.simply puree a cup or so of the soup in a blender, then stir it back into the soup pot.
Mexican Bean Soup step by step
- Soak the red kidney beans for 6-8 hours or overnight. Boil the beans till it’s soft..
- Don't over boil but at the same time make sure the beans are cooked till slightly split open but still hold their shape too..
- Take oil in a thick bottomed pan. Add the garlic and fry for a few seconds. Now add the tender spinach leaves, red bell peppers, tomatoes and green capsicum one by one, frying for a few seconds after each addition. Add dried oregano..
- When everything is cooked and soft, add the cooked kidney beans along with the water it was boiled in. Can add more water or vegetable stock to make the required consistency of soup..
- Season it with salt, chilli powder and cumin powder. Let it boil nicely and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes..
- Serve hot in a bowl by garnishing it with chopped spring onions, coriander leaves & crumbled feta. (I don't like feta so I didn't use).
- You can eat as well as sip it! One can have it with steamed rice. It can be served with tortilla or toasted bread too..
Charro beans is a Mexican style soup, consisting of pinto beans submerged in a broth full of amazing flavors. The flavors come from many different types of meat like beef franks, chorizo, ham, and bacon. Extra Crispy Onion Rings In some parts of Mexico they add pork rinds and beer to change the flavor up a little bit. Modifications I made were the following: Used black beans instead of kidney beans (wife does not care for kidney beans) Added a can of diced tomatoes and chilis Seasoned with garlic white pepper and black pepper. This pinto bean soup recipe comes from a fun new cookbook written by my fellow food blogger, Karen Lee Young, which I was sent to review.
Going Green for Better Health By Consuming Superfoods One great feature of green living is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is achievable regardless of how filled and frantic your life is. We need to take a step back and prevent diseases before they develop. The majority of men and women think nothing of abusing their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. Wherever you look, you read about some magic pill that will straightaway fix your latest problem. In reality, some of these pills do help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. When your body stops working right, you cannot get yourself a healthy one. You need to learn how to take care of it as early as possible. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to function at optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what goes into your mouth is healthy for you? How often do you eat at your local fast food place or purchase junk food at the local convenience store? Since most people opt to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. The things we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. Men and women are becoming more and more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Now it is a lot easier to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. Virtually all grocery stores nowadays carry organic foods. There you will be able to get what science has termed superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious diseases. Eating these foods will improve your mental awareness and capabilities. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see an amazing increase in how healthy you feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to function. In this case, the immune system can fight off any health condition. Be sure to integrate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. First off, beans are excellent, and berries, especially blueberries. Next, try adding some green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are a few other foods to include. Furthermore, you should eat yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Eating from this list of foods, you will never have a weight problem again. Green living gives you a great eating plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can ward off diseases. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.