Pork Menudo. This pork menudo recipe requires the meat to be marinated in soy sauce and lemon first before cooking. Combine the pork, soy sauce and lemon in a bowl. It will be better to store the bowl inside the refrigerator while you marinate to avoid contamination.
Pork menudo is another dish that can be found in any Filipino gathering. In addition, it can commonly be eaten as part of an everyday meal. Filipino pork menudo traditionally consists of chunks of pork that is stewed in a tomato sauce. You can cook Pork Menudo using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork Menudo
- You need 1/2 kg of pork cut into cubes.
- It’s 1/4 kg of chicken or pork liver cut into cubes (or 1 small can of liver spread).
- It’s 4 of hotdogs sliced diagonally (or 1 can of sliced vienna sausages) optional.
- You need 500 grams of tomato sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 4 of potatoes cut into cubes.
- You need 2 of carrots cut into cubes.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 of small can green peas.
- It’s 2 medium of onion, chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of raisins.
- It’s 1 of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 of sugar to taste.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
The Pork Menudo Recipe is a delectable dish. It is composed of pork stew combined with liver cubes, garbanzos or chickpeas, potatoes, tomato sauce and many spices. Filipino Pork Menudo has a bit of preparation compared to regular Pinoy pork stews. The potato and carrot needs to be prepared by pan-frying.
Pork Menudo step by step
- Saute garlic and onions until garlic turns golden brown and onin is transluscent. Set aside..
- Cook pork cubes in oil for 15-20 minutes or until brown and tender. Add and cook chicken liver for 15 minutes or until it starts to break down a little in the edges or changes color. If using liver spread, add it after next step..
- Add and cook hotdogs or sausage. Add potatoes and water. Bring to boil and simmer until potatoes are cooked. Add carrots and green peas..
- Add sauted garlic & onion. Pour tomato sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce, and water. Add raisins, bay leaf, sugar, salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until sauce reduces..
- Serve with rice and enjoy!.
I also saute the liver in ground ginger to make it less gamey. This is a proven method that can make non-liver fans start to eat it. Benefits of Pork Menudo Ingredients Menudo is packed with a long list of nutrients and benefits that are surprisingly hidden on the Menudo's various ingredients. Together, they form, not just a bowl of hot and delicious dish, but a bowl overflowing with nutrients that are so much beneficial for our body. Pork Menudo is a traditional stew made with pork, liver, potato, carrots, green and red bell pepper in tomato based sauce.
Going Green for Greater Health By Eating Superfoods One terrific feature of going green is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is possible no matter how filled and frenzied your life is. We need to get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Too many folks have the attitude of ruining the body today, and fix it with a pill tomorrow. It isn’t possible to turn around without hearing about the newest pill to cure you of your health problems. Naturally, a number of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. When your body quites functioning right, you won’t be able to obtain a new one. You mustn’t delay or it will be too late to take goood care of your body. Your body needs proper nutrients to run at its optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are putting in your mouth is healthy for you? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? Consuming sugar and starches, and oily foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are discovered all of the time? The foods we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. Individuals are becoming more and more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food markets. Most likely, your local grocery store today has an organic food aisle. In this aisle, you’ll be able to find superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been found to slow down or reverse certain maladies. Eating these superfoods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how healthy you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will help it to run well. By doing this, your immune system will easily ward off maladies. Be sure to integrate these superfoods into your daily diet. To start, beans are excellent, and berries, particularly blueberries. Next, try adding a few veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Throw in whole grains and nuts. See to it that you include proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will eliminate your problems with gaining weight. Adopting a green living eating plan will provide you with exactly what you need to be healthy. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can potentially become disease free. Prepare for a great future by changing your eating habits today.