Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce. Assemble by cutting pita bread into half. Keep cabbage leaves into the packet. Fill with chick pea and kidney bean filling, then fill with salsa mixture Serve with generous tablespoons of tzatziki sauce.
It's a meal your family will love, and it's perfect for meatless Monday! The Best Pita Filling Recipes on Yummly The chickpea and cauliflower mixture is then topped with fresh cucumbers and tomatoes and served with a scoop of tzatziki sauce and a side of warm pita. You can have Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce using 31 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce
- Prepare of Pita bread:.
- Prepare 200 grams of wheat flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of flax seeds.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 3/4 of lukewarm water.
- Prepare 4-5 grams of instant dry yeast.
- It’s of Filling:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of boiled chickpeas.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of boiled kidney beans.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 of lemon Juice.
- You need of Salsa:.
- It’s 1 of tomato chopped finely.
- You need 1 of onion chopped finely.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves chopped.
- You need 1 of capsicum finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of lemon Juice.
- You need as per taste of Salt.
- You need as per taste of Black Pepper powder.
- It’s of Tzatziki sauce:.
- Prepare 1 cup of thick yogurt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of finely chopped mint leaves.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s 2 of crushed garlic.
- It’s as needed of Salt to season.
- It’s as needed of Black pepper powder to season.
- Prepare 1/2 of cucumber finely grated.
- You need 1/2 of carrot finely grated.
- You need 5-6 of cabbage or lettuce leaves.
Top each with yogurt mixture; fold other half of pita over filling. Toss to coat the chickpeas evenly. Then cook for another minute or two until the chickpeas are crispy but not burned. Serve with fresh pita bread, homemade yogurt sauce, cucumber, tomato, red onion, fresh dill and crumbled feta.
Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce instructions
- Soak kidney beans and chick peas for 6-8 hours. Boil them until soft and mushy..
- For Pita, prepare brine by mixing lukewarm water and yeast. Let it froth up for 5-10 minutes..
- Roast flax seeds and grind to powder.
- In a bowl add wheat flour, flaxseed powder, salt and mix well with spoon or fork..
- Add the brine and mix into a sticky dough, use some water if required..
- Cover and let the dough ferment for a few hours. It took me 2 hours on a sunny morning..
- Once the dough is fermented, lightly knead it for 1/2 a minute. Divide it into 4-6 equal parts..
- Preheat oven @200C..
- Dust with dry flour. Roll out thick discs of 1/4 inch without putting much pressure..
- Place the discs on a baking tray. Bake at the same temperature for 8-10 minutes on one side and 3-4 minutes on the other side..
- Make filling: Mix kidney beans and chick peas in a bowl, add salt, peppers, lemon juice. Mix well and set aside..
- You can also roast on a hot tawa..
- Make salsa: Mix all chopped vegetables, lemon juice, salt, pepper and set aside..
- Make tzatziki sauce: If your curd is thick, put it in a muslin cloth and hang it for 1 hour or so, the excess water will be drained..
- Wash, peel and fine grate cucumber, add 1/8 teaspoon salt and leave for 3-5 minutes. Squeeze the excess liquid and use the flesh..
- Finely grate carrot, chop mint and coriander leaves, crush the garlic pods.
- Take this thick curd or yogurt in a bowl add cucumber flesh, grated carrot, chopped leaves, crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Assemble by cutting pita bread into half. Keep cabbage leaves into the packet..
- Fill with chick pea and kidney bean filling, then fill with salsa mixture.
- Serve with generous tablespoons of tzatziki sauce..
See more ideas about pitta bread, recipes, filling snacks. The Spruce Pita bread's best-known stuffing is the classic falafel (fried chickpea balls). Typically paired with an Israeli salad of diced tomatoes, diced cucumbers, and sliced onions, the whole sandwich is drizzled with tahini sauce. It's perfect for lunch or a light dinner. Just before serving, fill pita bread halves with romaine, bean mixture and tomato.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of green living that many individuals appreciate. This is doable no matter how busy and hectic your life is. We need to take a step back and fight diseases before they develop. A lot of individuals think nothing of mistreating their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. We’re barraged with adverts for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. There are some pills that help, but only if you make some essential alterations in your life. When your body quites functioning properly, you won’t be able to obtain a brand new body. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take goood care of yourself. Your body needs the right nutrients to function at its best levels. When you eat, are you concerned about the nutritional value or just eat anything tastes good at the time? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? As a lot of folks decide to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. The foods we are consuming cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. Individuals are becoming more and more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Today it is much easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. These days, you can find an organic food section in nearly all grocery stores. There you will be able to find what science has named superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been found to delay a number of diseases, or even overturn them. By ingesting these superfoods, your body will become healthier. You will start to feel a lot better when you choose to consume the superfoods instead of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will enable it to run optimally. As a result, it will help your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. Your daily diet should include at least some of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Next, add a few veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Add in whole cereals and nuts. Also, you should have yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmo
n and turkey. When you consume these superfoods daily, you should eliminate any problems with gaining weight. Following a green living diet plan will provide you with precisely what you need to become healthy and fit. You will see that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fend off disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.