4 Bean Salad. In a large salad bowl, combine all of the beans, green pepper and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat.
Season lightly with salt and pepper. In a large salad bowl, combine all of the beans, green pepper and onions. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir until the sugar dissolves. You can cook 4 Bean Salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 4 Bean Salad
- It’s 1 can of (14.5oz) cut green beans – drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 can of (14.5oz) yellow wax beans – drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can of (15oz) dark red kidney beans – drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can of (15oz) garbanzo beans (chick peas) – drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced red onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced green bell pepper (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring several times. Yes, it's a lot of beans, but a lot of nutritious fiber! Combined with all four types of beans, the one thing that will bind these ingredients together is a balsamic vinaigrette. The vinaigrette was fresh and tangy and really complimented the salad nicely.
4 Bean Salad step by step
- If you can, use low sodium unsalted beans. Open and dump all of your beans into a collander, rinse with cold lightly running water gently tossing to ensure you rinse off all the canned juices. This removes any "tinny" flavors. Allow to sit about 15 minutes to drain..
- Meanwhile dice your onions and bell peppers, and make your vinaigrette. In a large bowl whisk together vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until sugar and salt are dissolved. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking continuously..
- Gently this the beans once more to shake off excess water still clinging on. Slowly pour beans into bowl of vinaigrette. Add onion and green pepper and gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Overnight is best for the flavors to really meld, so this is a great "make ahead" dish!.
- To serve: Because "evoo" solidifies when cold, remove salad from fridge and let sit out about 30 minutes before serving. Give it another stir to redistribute vinaigrette, dish up and enjoy!.
It's a great healthy recipe for summer potlucks and picnics. Also, for this super-simple four bean salad recipe, which takes just about four minutes to make. A perfect side dish for a summer picnic! It's best when made a day or two before, so the onions have a chance to pickle a little bit in the vinegar, and all the flavors have some time. This four bean salad is healthy, light and delicious, quick and easy and a perfect side dish for a pot luck dinner or backyard BBQ.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Good Way To Go Green For Better Health One great thing about adopting a green lifestyle is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. In spite of the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can accomplish this. We must take a step back and fix diseases before they happen. Most people think nothing of abusing their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. It’s impossible to turn around without hearing about the current pill to treat your health problems. Of course, several of these pills can help but only if you couple them with lifestyle changes. When your body stops working right, you can’t obtain a healthy body. You need to look after your body while you are able to. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to function at optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are eating is good for you? Do you typically eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food places? Because most people choose to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, possibly triggered by the foods that are ingested. People are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Healthy food is now found at local grocery and health food markets. In all probability, your local grocery store today has an organic food section. In this section of the store, you’ll be able to find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to delay certain diseases, or even reverse them. By consuming these foods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice an astonishing increase in how good you feel. Your body will begin to run as it was meant to when you supply it with the proper nutrition. This in turn will allow your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. You must include a number of superfoods in your diet each day. First off, beans are great, and berries, especially blueberries. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole grains, and oats, plus a variety of nuts, mainly walnuts. Furthermore, you should include yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t have to worry about your weight again. Green living provides you with a healthy diet plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. You will discover that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fend off disease. Prepare for a great future by making positive changes to your eating habits today.