Scalloped Potatoes with a twist.
You can have Scalloped Potatoes with a twist using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes with a twist
- You need 5 of Golden Russet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced.
- It’s 5 tbs of butter (hold 1 tbs for onions).
- You need 1 of small onion sliced like you would do onion rings but thin.
- You need 4 tbs of flour.
- It’s 4 tbs of mushroom soup.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of shredded blended cheese.
Scalloped Potatoes with a twist step by step
- In a saute pan, cook onion in butter till they start to separate and are tender and translucent and set side in a bowl. Season to taste. Place half the sliced potatoes in a greased 1 quart dish..
- Add butter in a pan until melted, now add flour, milk and mushroom soup stiring frequently..
- Cover with half layer the sauce, half layer of onions and 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers..
- Top with remaining 1 1/2 cup of cheese..
- Bake covered at 425°F for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more or till potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Serves 4..
- Optional: On the last layer, after the onions, I cut up 2 tbs of extra butter into quarter pieces and place on top of the onions and then add cheese..
Going Green for Greater Health By Consuming Superfoods One good thing about going green is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. Even with the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can achieve this. We need to take a step back and fight diseases before they happen. Most people think nothing of mistreating their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. We’re barraged with ads for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem instantly. There are some pills that help, but only if you make some needed changes in your life. Unlike buying a car, you can’t exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You should take care of your health while you can. Your body cannot function properly if it does not have adequate nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are eating is beneficial for you? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that virtually all people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. A growing number of people are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases because of the foods they consume. Many people are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. A lot of nutritious food can now be found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. In all probability, your local grocery store now has an organic food section. In the organic food section, you’ll see the superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to slow down certain diseases, or even overturn them. You will observe that you think more clearly when you consume these foods. You will begin to feel a lot better when you opt to consume the superfoods instead of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will allow it to run well. As a result, the immune system will be able to fight off any malady. You should have a number of superfoods in your diet daily. First off, beans are excellent, and berries, especially blueberries. Next, add several green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Include whole food grains and nuts. Moreover, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By eating these superfoods every day, you should get rid of any weight gain problems. Green living offers you a good eating plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.