Sweet Potato Pound Cake. I pureed the sweet potato rather than mashing it, and I only had to bake my cake for about an hour. I am a pastry chef & am very fussy about my cakes, and I will be using this one again. Try this sweet potato pound cake, a twist on traditional pound cake that features nutrient-rich sweet potatoes.
This Sweet Potato Pound Cake is looking so good I can hardly. "Sweet Potato Pound Cake that bakes up moist and velvety tender! Full of real sweet potato flavor with hints of brown sugar and cinnamon! Today we are making a sweet potato poundcake! You can have Sweet Potato Pound Cake using 13 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Pound Cake
- It’s 350 g (12 oz) of sweet potato, mashed.
- You need 6 Tbsp of heavy cream.
- You need 200 g of (7 oz, 9/10 us cup) unsalted butter, room temperature.
- You need 150 g of (5.3oz, 3/4 us cup) granulated sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs (about 150g, 5.3 oz), room temperature.
- Prepare 10 drops of vanilla oil.
- It’s 25 g (4 Tbsp) of almond flour.
- It’s 145 g of (5.1 oz, 1 us cup + 2.5 Tbsp) cake flour.
- It’s 4 g (1 tsp) of baking powder.
- Prepare of For Topping.
- You need 90 g (3.2 oz) of sweet potato, diced.
- You need 2/3 Tbsp of honey.
- You need of black sesame.
I can't believe I'm just now getting around to creating a sweet potato pound cake for my site. See more ideas about Sweet potato pound cake, Pound cake, Baking. Winter Loves Sweet Potato Pound Cake with Cinnamon Cream Glaze. . . Its very name is wintery, don't you think?
Sweet Potato Pound Cake instructions
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→youtu.be/c4zf3hQcCfE.
- Cut sweet potato (for mash) into small (bite-size). Dice sweet potato (for topping) into about 1 cm (0.4 in) cubes. Soak them in water for about 10 mins..
- 10 mins later, drain well, and wrap loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave diced sweet potato to heat at 600W for 2 mins. Add honey to it, and mix roughly; set aside..
- Microwave the remaining sweet potato to heat at 600W for 6 mins. Mash it with a fork or rolling pin. Add heavy cream in 2 parts. Mix well each time. Strain it. Set aside..
- Grease the pan with the butter. Sprinkle bread flour with a tea strainer onto the pan. Tap it with your hand to remove excess flour. Let it sit in a fridge. Preheat an oven to 200℃ / 392°F. Sift dry ingredients (cake flour + baking powder) twice..
- Cream the butter until smooth. Add granulated sugar in 3 parts. Mix well each time. Mix it with a hand mixer on low speed for 3 mins until white and fluffy. (If you use a whisk, mix it for 7 mins or more.).
- Use a spatula to scrape the butter on the inner side of the bowl. Mix it on low speed for another 1 min..
- Put eggs in a another bowl. Beat it lightly until it gets watery. Please warm the egg in hot water until room temperature if it's cold..
- Add the beaten egg to the butter in 4-5 parts. Mix thoroughly with a hand mixer on low speed after each addition until creamy. Scrape the batter on the inner side of the bowl, and mix with a hand mixer..
- Add vanilla oil, and mix well with a spatula. Add almond flour, and mix it while crushing lumps, until smooth..
- Mix lightly the mashed sweet potato to loosen. Add half of the butter mixture into the mashed potato. Mix well until combined..
- Put the potato mixture back to the butter mixture. Mix well until combined..
- Add all the flour at once. Fold it until powderiness disappears. Use a spatula to scrape the batter on the inner side or bottom, and fold it well..
- Put the batter into the pan, and flatten roughly. Top with the diced sweet potato. Push them in gently. Sprinkle the black sesame. Bake it at 170℃/ 338 F for 55 mins..
- Drop the pan lightly to prevent the cake from shrinking. Let it cool for 20-30 mins as it is. Remove the cake from the pan gently while it's warm..
- Wrap it with plastic wrap twice to seal. Let it sit overnight at room temperature. Done!.
Though I'm sure I could easily be convinced to do so, at the moment I just can't picture myself b. Southern-style sweet potato pound cake gets a jumpstart from a convenience mix. My sweet potato dessert: sweet potato pound cake! Sweet potatoes were an extremely important food throughout my childhood. My mom made sweet potato pie for every Thanksgiving, and now that I'm an adult, I have fallen in love with the super tasty spud.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Great Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that most folks appreciate. In spite of the fast pace of our modern world, you can do this. We must get back to the point where it was a better idea to avoid disease in the first place. Unfortunately, most people don’t trouble themselves about their health because they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re barraged with adverts for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old negative habits. When your body wears out, you cannot exchange it for a new one, like your car. You need to learn how to look after your body the soonest you can. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to function at optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what you are eating is beneficial for you? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food eating places? Eating sugar and starches, and also oily foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? The things we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. Men and women are becoming more and more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Healthy food is now readily available at local grocery and health food markets. Nowadays, you can find an organic food area in nearly all grocery stores. There you will be able to get what science has called superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious diseases. Consuming these foods will . Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice an astonishing increase in how much better you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will allow it to work optimally. When this happens, your immune system will easily fight off illnesses. Be sure to integrate these superfoods into your diet. Why not add several beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are a couple of other superfoods to add. Make sure you consume proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By consuming these superfoods regularly, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. Green living gives you a good diet plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can ward off diseases. You can anticipate a healthy future by changing your food choices today.