Mexican-Style Tortillas and Bean Dip. Mexican-Style Tortillas and Bean Dip I love Mexican food. As long as you have canned kidney beans on hand, this dish will be ready in no time. This dish contains far less fat than store-bought refried beans.
Add soft brown sugar, wine vinegar and Cajun seasoning. Place both the baking sheet with tortilla pieces and the dip in preheated oven. Sprinkle lettuce over dip and serve with tortilla chips. You can cook Mexican-Style Tortillas and Bean Dip using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican-Style Tortillas and Bean Dip
- It’s 4 of Tortillas (homemade is recommended).
- You need 1 of Canned kidney beans.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Red chili pepper flakes or red chili pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic (or onion).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Powdered cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 of as much (to taste) Sour cream or shredded cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 30 ml of Water.
This Irresistible Mexican Hot Bean Dip is great anytime or for a small gathering or party snack. Deliciously blended with refried beans, monterey cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, jalapeños, scallions, smoky spices and served with tortilla chips. Here's one recipe that I'm usually expected to have ready for my crowd when I'm having a gathering. My friends and neighbors expect me to bring this irresistible dip to every gathering.
Mexican-Style Tortillas and Bean Dip instructions
- Pour the olive oil into a saucepan, add the red chili peppers and either sliced garlic or minced onion, and stir-fry..
- Add the drained and briefly washed kidney beans, 20-30 ml of water, salt, and cumin to the saucepan..
- Simmer for about 3 minutes, and turn off the heat. Mash them up (you can easliy mash them up with a potato masher), and it's done..
- Dollop the mashed beans onto a warm tortilla, fold the tortilla in half, and serve with sour cream and/or shredded cheese..
- Serve with tortilla, guacamole, and lettuce salad to enjoy as a Mexican-style dish..
- When you have time, soak the beans overnight, and cook them in the pressure cooker on the next day. These homemade beans can be stored in the freezer – it's handy to have..
- It's also delicious using black eyed peas..
When I arrive, they ask, "You brought your bean dip, didn't you?" If there are any leftovers, we use them to make bean and cheese burritos the next day. I've given out this recipe a hundred times. —Wendi Wavrin Law, Omaha, Nebraska The Best Bean Dip Ever – creamy, spicy, and the perfect texture for dipping. Bring it to a friend's house to watch the game and it'll be a hit. Beans, salsa, cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, chili powder and cumin make this recipe delicious. If you've got homemade refried beans, go for it!
Going Green for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods One of the greatest points of going green is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to attain this, even in this busy world we live in. We need to get back to where it was better to prevent disease in the first place. A lot of men and women think nothing of abusing their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. You can’t turn around without hearing about the current pill to cure you of your health problems. Naturally, several of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. When your body wears out, you can’t exchange it for a new one, like your car. You must look after yourself while you can do so. Your body needs sufficient amounts of nutrients to run at its optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what goes into your mouth is good for you? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food joint or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? As people opt to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. The foods we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. People are choosing to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. Now it is a lot easier to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. Nowadays, you can find an organic food area in nearly all grocery stores. There you will be able to find what science has named superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been found to delay certain diseases, or even overturn them. By consuming these foods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how well you will soon feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to work. In this case, the immune system can fight off any illness. You must include a number of superfoods in your diet daily. Why not eat a few beans or blueberries? Next, add several green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are some other essentials. Also, you may want to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t have a weight problem again. Observing a green living eating plan will offer you precisely what you need to be healthy. You will discover that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fight against disease. You can look forward to a healthy future by altering your food choices today.