Simple beef matoke. Join me to learn on how to cook simple matoke[green bananas]. It's a traditional Kenyan meal and are a staple food crop in Uganda. Try this simple matoke and beef stew recipe at home espcially for lunch or dinner and you'll thank us When was the last time you had matoke?
Cooked and mashed matoke is the nation's official food dish. Vegetarian Matoke: Matoke is just as tasty when served as a vegetarian meal. Simply eliminate the beef and use water or vegetable stock. You can cook Simple beef matoke using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple beef matoke
- It’s Bunch of unripe bananas.
- You need 1 kg of meat.
- Prepare 5 pieces of crushed garlic.
- It’s 1 of big piece of crushes ginger.
- It’s 1 of big Red onion.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- You need of Cooking oil.
- Prepare of Salt (to taste plus washing the bananas).
- Prepare of Spices of your choice like.
- Prepare of Garam masala.
The word matoke is originally from the Ugandans of the Lake Victoria region. It refers to the cooked green bananas. This plantain grows in Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Kenya among others. Matoke is a banana variety that is indigenous to Uganda.
Simple beef matoke step by step
- First peel your bananas, here you apply your hands with cooking oil and start peeling your bananas and place then in bowl that has water..
- When you are done, now its washing your bananas, take a spoonful of salt pour in your hands,then add some salt to the bananas, wash them thoroughly. When they are clean set it aside in bowl with clean water..
- Take your sufuria or a cooking pan, add oil to heat and let it heat up until ready then add your onions..
- Once your onions are sweaty add the crushed ginger and garlic let it cook as you stir in order for it not to stick on your sufuria..
- Add the meat,stir it a bit,add a bit of water then cover it,let it cook until it is almost ready then add your tomatoes cover the sufuria let it cook for around 2 minutes..
- Once the tomatoes are ready, add salt and your spices of choice,stir everything together..
- Drain water from the bananas and add them to the meat mixture,stir everything, I added some water covered the sufuria and let the bananas cook until ready..
- Once it is ready, put off your heat, serve and enjoy the matoke..
They are shorter than regular bananas and are somewhat thicker at the mid section as a result. Due to the high starch content, the flesh of unripe. If you're a fan of Italian food, you're going to love this easy meatball recipe! It's a staple and is so simple to whip up. How To Decorate Butterfly Cookies, Simple Cookie Decorating for Beginners.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green For Better Health One terrific feature of green living is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is achievable regardless of how busy and frantic your life is. We have to go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Too many individuals have the attitude of ruining the body today, and fix it with a pill later on. No matter where you look, you find out about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old negative habits. When your body stops working right, you can’t get yourself a brand new body. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take care of your health. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to work at top levels. When you eat, are you concerned about the nutritional value or only eat the food that tastes good at the time? Do you usually eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food joints? Consuming sugar and starches, and also greasy foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are discovered all of the time? The things we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. People are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Now it is a lot easier to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. Today, you can find an organic food aisle in almost all grocery stores. There you will be able to get what science has named superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to slow down certain diseases, or even overturn them. Consuming these superfoods will . As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how good you will soon feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to run. As a result, your immune system will easily fight off health conditions. Your daily diet need to have at least some of these super foods. To start, beans are excellent, and berries, in particular blueberries. Next, add a few green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole grains, and oats, plus a variety of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Furthermore, you should include yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems. Adopting a green living eating plan will provide you with precisely what you need for good health. Your immune system will be better, and your body can potentially ward off diseases. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits now.