Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Soy Sauce Baguette (Kneaded with a Spatula) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Soy Sauce Baguette (Kneaded with a Spatula) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Soy Sauce Baguette (Kneaded with a Spatula) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Spending less In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the environment. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared burden we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. This should happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Continue reading for some approaches to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, especially if they are not running as efficiently as they should. You can save up to 60% on energy once you get a new one, in comparison with those from longer than ten years ago. The suitable temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving electricity and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and also 0F. Checking that the condenser is definitely clean, which means that the motor needs to run less frequently, will also save electricity.
The kitchen on its own provides you with many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Eco-friendly living is not that hard. Typically, all it takes is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to soy sauce baguette (kneaded with a spatula) recipe. To make soy sauce baguette (kneaded with a spatula) you only need 7 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Soy Sauce Baguette (Kneaded with a Spatula):
- You need 200 grams of Bread flour for making French bread (semi-strong).
- Prepare 100 grams of of each (or use a combination of bread flour and cake flour).
- Prepare 15 grams of A. Soy sauce.
- Prepare 140 grams of A. Water.
- Provide 1 grams of Malt syrup (if you have it).
- Take 4 grams of Sugar.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Dried yeast.
Steps to make Soy Sauce Baguette (Kneaded with a Spatula):
- Put the A. soy sauce and water in a small pan, and heat until it almost boils. Leave it to cool down. Once it cools, weigh it again and make sure the total weighs 150 g. If there is less, add some water..
- Put the flours in a bowl..
- Add the malt syrup (if you have it) in the 150 g of cooled liquid from step 1 and dissolve. Add the liquids to the step 2 bowl with the flours all at once..
- Fold and knead the mixture with a spatula using a cut-and-fold motion until it forms one mass..
- Cover with plastic wrap so that the dough doesn't dry out, and rest for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Knead again, scooping the dough up from the bottom (as if to punch down the dough) for 15 minutes..
- This time, put the dough in a clean oiled bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap..
- Leave to rise until doubled in bulk. (The photo shows the dough after it's risen.).
- Take the dough out onto a floured work surface, divide into 2, and punch down lightly to deflate. Round off each piece into a ball, place seam side down and leave to rest for 15 minutes or so..
- Roll out each piece of dough thinly into a long stick shape..
- I'm not good at transferring the dough later after it's risen, so I just put it on kitchen parchment paper at this point..
- Put the dough on a long thin piece of kitchen parchment paper, and clip the edges together above the dough as shown here to stop the dough from spreading out! Leave the dough for its 2nd rising..
- Start preheating the oven to 250°C, including the baking tray, so that's it's heated up when the dough has finished rising..
- When the oven has reached temperature and the dough has risen, dust the surface of the dough with flour using a tea strainer. Slash the tops of the rolls, and drizzle some olive oil into the slashed parts. Mist the dough, lower the oven temperature to 210°C and bake for 25 minutes..
- Please adjust the baking time and temperature depending on your oven. Incidentally the photo here shows 4 baguettes, or double the amount of the recipe, being baked..
- The soy sauce is so aromatic, and the crust is so crispy – these baguettes are delicious..
- The soy sauce and sugar make them so nicely browned too..
- The crumb has some nice air bubbles too..
- From here on I'll explain the baking method I came up with after a lot of trial and error. Attention! This is all done in my oven. I have a steam oven made by Hitachi by the way..
- Put oven trays on the top and bottom racks upside down, preheat the oven at the maximum temperature of 250°C. Place the kitchen parchment paper with the formed dough on it in between the baking trays (be sure not to burn yourself!).
- Don't switch the steam function of the oven on right away. Wait for 1-2 minutes then switch it on. Steam for 3 minutes then switch off. After 15 minutes take out the top baking tray and continue baking..
- My oven only maintains the maximum 250°C temperature for 5 minutes, plus it doesn't reheat properly. So I warm it up twice..
- If you protect the bread surface inside the small oven with the baking trays on the top and bottom before the slashed parts can open up properly, they will open up very nicely and form beautifully sharp, crispy edges..
- With this method, this type of bread with a hard crust and sharp slashed edges bakes up very nicely. I don't know if it works in other oven. Please be careful not to burn yourself. I don't take any responsibility if this method somehow breaks your oven..
Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Season with salt and stir to combine using the spatula – keep the sliced onions moving in the jug, until they become soft and slightly browned. Instructions In a bowl, stir together orange marmalade, scallions, soy sauce, and lime juice. If needed, add a little extra lime juice (quantity will depend on how much sriracha you've added) and season to taste with salt. Season to taste with additional soy sauce and ground white pepper, if desired.
If you find this Soy Sauce Baguette (Kneaded with a Spatula) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.