Mike's Creamy Stacked Seafood Chowder. Great recipe for Mike's Creamy Stacked Seafood Chowder. One piping hot hearty seafood chowder! Perfect especially on a super chilly, windy, rainey stormy night!
Pull all of your crab, lobster, crawdads, clams and shrimp meat from shells and reserve all shells. You may not need all stock depending upon how thick or thin you'll want your chowder. Prepare of ☆ [note: you may not need all of your seafood stock]. You can have Mike's Creamy Stacked Seafood Chowder using 36 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Creamy Stacked Seafood Chowder
- It’s of ● For The Seafood [all equal parts – rinsed & rough chopped].
- It’s of [my students used a cup a piece].
- Prepare to taste of Fresh Monk Fish [not shown in photos].
- It’s to taste of Fresh Scallops.
- Prepare to taste of Fresh Shrimp.
- You need to taste of Fresh Lobster.
- You need to taste of Fresh Clams.
- You need of ● For The EZ Basic Soup Base.
- It’s 4 (14.5 Cans) of Progresso Clam Chowder [no subs].
- Prepare as needed of Whole Milk [add slowly].
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Heavy Cream [add slowly].
- Prepare to taste of Fresh White Pepper.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [chopped].
- It’s 1.5 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Celery Salt.
- You need 1 Cup of Drained Sweet Corn.
- It’s 2 of EX LG White Mushrooms [sliced].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Parsley Leaves [chopped + reserves for garnish].
- It’s 1 (8.75 oz) of Sweet Corn [drained].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- It’s of ● For The Vegetables & Seafood Stock.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Quality White Wine.
- It’s 14.5 oz of Seafood Stock [enough to cover vegetables].
- You need 2 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [chopped].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Sliced Carrots.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Celery With Leaves.
- You need 2 of Diced Medium Potatoes.
- You need 1/2 of Medium White Onion.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- It’s 1 Dash of Half & Half.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Whole Milk.
- It’s to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of ● For The Options/Sides.
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Croutons.
- You need as needed of Oyster Crackers.
- It’s as needed of Fried Chopped Bacon.
Bring the clam juice and potato back to a boil. Whisk in a ladleful of clam juice into the roux then gradually whisk the roux into the soup pot until it thickens. Then whisk in the half and half. Tender shrimp, fish and scallops are combined in a creamy white wine broth with veggies.
Mike's Creamy Stacked Seafood Chowder instructions
- Add everything in the Soup Base section in a large pot. Turn heat on low. Stir regularly..
- Pull your fresh seafood from husks..
- Reserve all husks and skins. Boil husks in water with onions for 20 minutes to make your seafood stock..
- Strain broth..
- Chop seafood into small cubes then refrigerate..
- Chop everything in the Vegetable and Seafood Stock section and add them to broth and wine. Boil for 25 minutes..
- Strain vegetables but reserve broth just in case it's needed for thinning soup base..
- Add vegetables to the soup base and stir. Simmer on low for fifteen minutes. Stir constantly since this is one viscous soup. It will burn and stick to the bottom of your pot..
- Add seafood and gently simmer for 10 minutes. Add additional stock if you want your soup a little thinner for dipping bread. Again, stir soup regularly..
- All ingredients are now incorporated..
- Add fresh thick cut chopoed crispy bacon to garnish if you'd like!.
- Serve with fresh bread for dipping or, croutons. Enjoy!.
This flavor packed chowder recipe is a comfort food that can be easily enjoyed at home any day of the week! Coat a dutch oven with cooking spray; add oil, and place over medium high heat until hot. Add onion, celery, red pepper, and garlic. Add the scallops, lobster, shrimp, cod and haddock. Add the butter, salt, parsley and curry powder.
Living Greener for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods One great feature of green living is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is achievable regardless of how busy and hectic your life is. We must go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Numerous folks have the attitude of destroying the body today, and heal it with a pill the next day. It’s impossible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the newest pill to deal with your health problems. Naturally, some of these pills can help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. When your body stops working right, you can’t get yourself a healthy one. You must take care of yourself while you have the ability to do so. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to work at best levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are putting in your mouth is beneficial for you? Do you usually eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food joints? Because most people choose to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. More and more folks are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases as a result of the foods they eat. Men and women are becoming more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food shops. In all probability, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food aisle. This aisl is full of what are now recognized as superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been proven to retard or reverse some diseases. You will see that you think more clearly when you begin to ingest these superfoods. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how good you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will allow it to run optimally. By doing this, your immune system will easily ward off maladies. Your daily diet must have at least several of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Next, try to add several green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are a few other essentials. Furthermore, you need to include yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will eliminate your weight gain problems. Green living provides you with a solid eating plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body is likely to be free of disease. You can expect to have a healthy future by altering your food choices now.