Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast. Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. Find Slow Cooker Roast Recipes Beef. Find Slow Cooker Roast Recipes Beef.
Pour in water or beef broth. Sprinkle chives, parsley, pepper and Onion Soup mix over the meat. Place the roast on top of the vegetables and sprinkle it with the steak seasoning. You can have Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast
- You need 2-3 lbs of Boneless Blade Roast or Chuck Roast (Trimmed).
- Prepare 2 of Medium Onions Quartered or Coarsely Chopped.
- Prepare 6 Cloves of Garlic Minced.
- It’s 5 Sprigs of Thyme.
- It’s 2 lb of Yukon Gold Potatoes Peeled & Diced 1-2" Cubes.
- Prepare 4 of Large Carrots or One Bag Baby Carrots Cut into 1" Pieces.
- You need 32 oz of Carton Beef Broth (use less if you like less gravy).
- It’s 2 Tbs of Dijon Mustard.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Organic All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 4-6 of Beef Bouillon Cubes or 4-6 tsp Bouillon Powder.
- You need 1 Cup of Red Wine.
- Prepare 1 of Bay Leaf.
- You need 2 Tbs of Olive Oil.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Garlic Powder.
I put the roast right from the searing pan into the crock pot on top of the veggies and let it rest in there instead. Put roast in crock pot and empty soup mix on the top of the meat. The soup acts as a meat tenderizer. Sprinkle your onion soup mix on top of your roast and your mushrooms on and around it.
Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast step by step
- Season all sides of Beef Roast with Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder. Season to your taste..
- Heat Olive Oil in skillet over Medium to Medium High heat. Brown all sides of roast. Place Roast in a large Crock-Pot..
- On top of Roast, layer in Onions, Garlic, Potatoes, Thyme, Carrots, Bouillon Cubes, and Bay Leaf. Pour in Red Wine. Add some Salt and Pepper. Remember, the Bouillon adds a lot of Sodium, so you won't need as much Salt..
- In a separate cup or bowl, pour in around a cup of the Beef Broth. Add in Flour, Dijon, and Brown Sugar. Whisk until mixed. Pour into Crock-Pot along with the rest of the Broth..
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the vegetables are soft and the gravy has thickened. The longer it cooks, the better. Taste for seasoning, and add more if needed. Remove Bay Leaf and Thyme Stems, before serving..
Use a pair of scissors to cut the netting off and toss it. Next, use a very sharp, meat knife to slice your crock pot roast beef. If you want it to have a "fall apart" texture, cut against the grain of the meat. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. This Crock Pot Mississippi Beef Roast Recipe is our take on the very popular beef roast recipe.
Living Greener for Better Health By Consuming Superfoods One of the greatest points of going green is to slow down and enjoy life. Despite the fast pace of our modern world, you can achieve this. We must go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Regrettably, almost all people don’t worry about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It isn’t possible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the latest pill to cure you of your health problems. There are some pills that help, but only if you make some necessary alterations in your life. As soon as your body wears out, you won’t be able to trade it in for a new one, like your car. You must take care of yourself while you can do so. Your body has to have sufficient amounts of nutrients to run at its optimum levels. Do you eat because food is available and you enjoy what they taste or do you go for nutritious foods? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food joints? Consuming sugar and starches, and fatty foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are being discovered all of the time? A growing number of people are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases as a result of the foods they consume. A lot of people are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Lots of good food are now found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Nowadays, you can find an organic food section in almost all grocery stores. In this aisle, you’ll see the superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious maladies. You will find that you think more clearly when you begin to consume these foods. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how good you will soon feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to function. In this case, the immune system can fight off any health condition. Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your diet every day. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Don’t forget whole grains and nuts. Also, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will get rid of your problems with gaining weight. Green living provides you with a healthy diet plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body is likely to ward off diseases. Prepare for a healthy future by making positive changes to your eating habits right now.