Creamy Ham and Potato Soup.
You can cook Creamy Ham and Potato Soup using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Ham and Potato Soup
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of chopped ham.
- You need 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks, diced.
- You need 2 of medium carrots, peeled and diced.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of each pepper, poultry seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt free all purpose seasoning.
- It’s Pinch of nutmeg.
- It’s 4 of small (or 2 large) russet potatoes, peeled and diced.
Creamy Ham and Potato Soup step by step
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the ham and cook, stirring often, until the ham has browned up a bit. Then remove it to a seperate plate and cover the plate with foil to keep it warm..
- Add the butter to the pot. Once the butter has melted, add the celery, carrots and onion with a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, for 5-7 minutes, until the veggies have begun to soften. Then stir in the garlic and cook until it's fragrant, another minute or so. Increase the heat to med-high, then sprinkle the flour over the veggies and stir to incorporate it. Cook and stir for 2 minutes..
- Slowly pour in the broth while stirring, then add the milk and all of the seasonings. Let it all come up to a low boil. Once it begins to boil, stir in the potatoes and return the ham to the pot, reduce the heat back down to medium and let it simmer for about 10 or so minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. Then remove from the heat and serve..
- This soup is also very good with some kielbasa or smoked sausage in place of the ham, pictured below..
Living Greener for Greater Health By Consuming Superfoods One great feature of adopting a green lifestyle is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to attain this, even in this busy world we live in. We should go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Too many individuals have the attitude of destroying the body today, and fix it with a pill tomorrow. Wherever you look, you read about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old unhealthy habits. Unlike the car buying process, you cannot trade in your exhausted body for a new one. You should learn how to look after your health as early as possible. Your body cannot run properly if it doesn’t have proper nutrition. Do you eat because food is available and you love the taste or do you choose foods that are good for you? Do you usually eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that most people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. The food products we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. Individuals are becoming increasingly conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Today it is a lot easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Nearly all grocery stores these days have organic foods. There you will be able to see what science has called superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to slow down a number of diseases, or even reverse them. Ingesting these superfoods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how healthy you will soon feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to work. In this case, the immune system can fight off any disease. Be sure to add these superfoods into your daily eating routine. First off, beans are excellent, and berries, in particular blueberries. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are some other foods to include. Also, you should include yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. By consuming these superfoods regularly, you should get rid of any problems with gaining weight. Adopting a green living eating plan will provide you with precisely what you need to become healthy and fit. Your immune system will be better, and your body is likely to ward off diseases. Prepare for a healthy future by modifying your eating habits now.