Beef Pilau. Brown beef in a dutch oven, half at a time, in hot oil. Remove and set aside, reserving drippings. In drippings, cook onion and garlic till tender but not brown.
Depending on the Pilau recipe, it may contain fish, chicken, vegetables, and even dried fruits like raisins. Beef Pilau This beef pilau recipe is one that you will get right every single time you make it. The aroma from this dish is inviting and warming, and it is an extremely popular Kenyan dish. You can cook Beef Pilau using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Pilau
- It’s 1 kg of Pishori Rice or Basmati (Hamza) Rice.
- Prepare 1 kg of Beef, cut into big cubes.
- You need 1 of large tomato (optional).
- You need 2 of Large onions, finely Chopped.
- You need 3 Tbsps of Pilau Masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dhana Jeera.
- It’s 1 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 2 Tbsps of ginger and garlic paste.
- You need 2 of large potatoes, pealed and cubed.
- You need to taste of Salt and black pepper.
Most pilau's often have the same method of preparing the base, so once you get that right, you have mastered the art of making any type of pilau. When the meat is tender, drain it and set aside. Keep the soup for cooking rice. This Beef Pilau is a seasoned rice pilaf with beef, potatoes, and familiar spices, that can serve as a one dish meal.
Beef Pilau instructions
- Wash the rice thrice and soak in water. In a hot pan, boil the meat with half the amount of the spices and half the amount of the ginger and garlic paste. Add a tbsp of salt and let it boil until meat is tender..
- Once the meat is tender and the water has dried, add desired amount of oil and fry the meat until brown. Add the onions, stir and let them cook until translucent..
- Add the tomato with one cup of warm water. Stir and let it cook for 5mins. Once the tomatoes have softened, add the remaining of the spices and the amount of warm water required to cook the rice. (1 cup of rice, 2 cups of water).
- Once the water starts to simmer, add the potatoes, stir. Cover until it boils. Add the rice, stir and taste if it needs salt. Add salt at this point..
- Stir the rice when the water dries, reduce heat and cover well. Making sure steam doesn't get out. Serve after 15mins with Kachumbari /Salad and fruits on the side..
Pilau, or Pulao, however you prefer to spell it, is a comforting rice dish, with meat, potatoes, and lots of spices! It is a popular one-dish meal throughout India and Pakistan! Beef Pilau – A One Dish Meal Beef pilau is a very popular dish among the Swahili people who live along the Kenyan coast. It is served in all their social gatherings. Over-time it spread through out the country and has continued to increase in popularity over the years.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Great Health One of the best points of green living is to slow down and revel in life. This is possible regardless of how filled and frantic your life is. We should take a step back and prevent diseases before they occur. A lot of individuals think nothing of abusing their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. We’re bombarded with advertisements for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old unhealthy habits. Once your body wears out, you cannot exchange it for a new one, like your car. You have to learn how to look after it the soonest you can. Your body requires sufficient amounts of nutrients to operate at its most effective levels. Do you eat because food is available and you love the taste or do you opt for nutritional foods? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food joint or get junk food at the local convenience store? Since most people opt to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. An increasing number of people are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases because of the foods they consume. Men and women are becoming increasingly conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Many nutritious food can now be available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. These days, you can find an organic food section in nearly all grocery stores. This aisl has what are now acknowledged as superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to delay or reverse particular maladies. By consuming these superfoods, your body will become healthier. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will observe a surprising increase in how good you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will enable it to work well. By doing this, your immune system will easily ward off illnesses. Your daily diet must have at least some of these super foods. Why not eat several beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Include whole grains and nuts. Also, you need to include yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. When you eat these superfoods daily, you should get rid of any problems with gaining weight. Adopting a green living eating plan will give you exactly what you need to become healthy and fit. You will find that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.