Chicken Tortilla Soup. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft. Stir in chili powder, oregano, tomatoes, broth, and water.
Ladle the soup into a bowl, then add avocado, red onion, sour cream, cilantro and extra tortilla strips to the top. The more toppings on tortilla soup, the merrier. Cook's Note Bring a bit of the Southwest to your table with this spirit-warming soup. You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 4 of Chicken Leg Quarters.
- It’s 12 cup of Water (just to fill a medium-large pot).
- You need 1 of Large Onion.
- It’s 10 of Garlic Cloves (ruffly choped).
- You need of Cabbage (cut into strips) for toping.
- Prepare 1 3/4 of Avocado (cut into half slices) for topping.
- It’s 1 bunch of Green Onion (choped or topping).
- Prepare 1 of Shreded Monetary Jack Cheese.
- It’s 12 of Tortillas cut into strips (fried or backed into chips) or store bought tortilla strips.
- You need 1 cup of Sour Cream (avocado sour cream sauce).
- Prepare 1 can of El Pato Enchilada Sauce.
- You need 1 can of El Pato Tomato Hot Sauce.
- Prepare 2 can of Diced Tomatoes With Green Chillies.
- It’s 1 cup of Lemon Juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oregano Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Salt And Peper.
- Prepare 1/4 of Avocado mashed (avocado sour cream sauce).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon Juice (avocado sour cream sauce).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder (avocado sour cream sauce).
- Prepare 1/4 of Onion (finely choped).
Loaded with tender chicken, diced tomatoes, and plenty of seasonings, it's sure to be requested again and again. Serve with tortilla chips if desired. Editor's Note Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. In a large slow cooker, combine chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onion, fire-roasted tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and chicken broth.
Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Fill large pot with water and boil leg quarters untill just cooked..
- Remove leg quarters but leave water and remove from heat. Let legs cool..
- While legs cool prep all ingredients that need cutting or mashing..
- Add garlic cloves, 3/4 of onion, oregano powder, chilli powder, garlic powder, lemon juice, all cans and salt and peper to water..
- Take all chicken off bones and dice.
- Add chicken back into soup. Let cook for about 20-30 minutes..
- Make sour avocado sour cream sauce. Mix all ingredients well..
- Put soup in bowl top with cheese, onions, cabbage, avocado sour cream sauce, sliced avocados,tortillas strips and green onion as garnish for color..
- Eat and ENJOY :).
Cover and cook on low until. The same is true of chicken tortilla soup. Travel up and down the west coast of North America, and you'll find hundreds of variations of chicken tortilla soup recipe. While the soup is simmering, fry the tortilla strips and set aside. Add the tortilla strips and the shredded chicken to the bowl and then add the soup.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Great Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that most people appreciate. This is achievable no matter how filled and frenzied your life is. We need to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. A lot of people think nothing of mistreating their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old unhealthy habits. When your body quites functioning right, you can’t get yourself a brand new body. You need to learn how to take care of your health the soonest you can. Your body needs proper nutrients to operate at its best levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are putting in your mouth is beneficial for you? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food eating places? Consuming sugar and starches, as well as oily foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are being discovered all of the time? A growing number of individuals are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases as a result of the foods they eat. People are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Lots of healthy food can now be available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. These days, you can find an organic food section in nearly all grocery stores. There you will be able to see what science has called superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious diseases. By ingesting these foods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note an amazing increase in how good you feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to function. This in turn will help your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. You must have a number of superfoods in your diet daily. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole cereals are a few other foods to include. Moreover, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By eating these superfoods daily, you should not have to worry about any weight gain problems. Green living equips you with a solid diet plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. You will discover that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits now.