Halloween Kabocha Pie. For the crust: In the bowl of a food processor combine all the flour, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, ginger,. Great recipe for Kabocha Pie – An Easy Halloween Snack. It'll be Halloween soon, so I thought I'd try making a kabocha version or my basic pie series. * Please vary the amount of sugar based on the sweetness of the kabocha. * As with my apple pie recipe, because there's not a lot of moisture in.
While the kabocha is softening, start your pie crust. Place the kabocha into a steamer basket fitted into the pan. Kabocha squash is an Asian winter squash commonly known as Japanese pumpkins. You can have Halloween Kabocha Pie using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Halloween Kabocha Pie
- You need of For the kabocha squash filling.
- Prepare 1/8 of Kabocha squash.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Skim milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of Honey.
- It’s 10 grams of Butter.
- It’s of For the apple filling.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 of Apple.
- You need 10 grams of Butter.
- You need 4 of sheets Frozen puff pastry.
- You need 1 of egg's worth Egg yolk (for the glaze).
It is slightly sweeter than butternut squash, but it has a less calories and carbs. A great veggie for the low carb lovers or those trying to watch their waistline! I decided to make this Halloween Kabocha Cheesecake and made sure that it was gluten and sugar-free! I really like using Japanese kabocha squash in recipes as it has a really great taste and texture and is very versatile in its uses.
Halloween Kabocha Pie step by step
- Cut the kabocha squash into bite-sized pieces and microwave for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the skin, taking care not to burn yourself..
- Use a large fork, to mash the kabocha to your preferred consistency..
- Add skim milk, honey, and butter and mix well. It mixes easily if you add the ingredients while the kabocha is warm. This completes the kabocha filling..
- (Sorry, I forgot the photo). Slice the apple into wedges and microwave for 3 minutes in a heat-resistant container together with the butter and sugar. This completes the apple filling..
- Cut the puff pastry into desired sizes while it's still frozen. I cut the puff pastry into 3 vertical slices (the picture shows 2 frozen puff pastry)..
- Stack two sheets together and cut the edges to create an oval shape..
- Carve a face in the center of the top sheet. Use a knife or whatever tool is easiest. This step is easy if the puff pastry are still frozen. Preheat your oven at 410°F/210°C..
- If the puff pastry begin to thaw, spoon the kabocha filling on the bottom sheet, leaving about 1cm of space at the edges. Drain excess water from the apple filling and spoon on top of the kabocha filling..
- Lay the top sheet you made in step 7 over the bottom layer with the filling you made in step 8. Stretch it out a bit and use a fork to press it down to close the edges. Use a fork to create ridges along the face..
- Prepare aluminum cups. The bento cups at the dollar store seemed big enough, so I flattened out the bottom for a wider surface area..
- Place the pie made in step 9 in the aluminum cups. Use a brush to brush on the egg yoke glaze..
- Bake in the over at 410°F/210°C for to 8 minutes, then reduce heat to 375°F/190°C and bake for another 6 to 8 minutes until finished..
- Extra: You can make the Jack-O'-Lantern face out of the kabocha peels. After cutting out the facial features, use a beaten egg yolk to stick and press down..
You can use it in sweets, instead of potatoes, in soups, in custards, in purees, in savoury dish and so on.. These include Sugar Pie, Kabocha, Jack-Be-Little, Ghost Rider, Hubbard, Jarrahdale, Baby Pam, and Cinderella pumpkins. How to Cook Kabocha Squash How to Roast Kabocha Squash. Line a baking sheet with foil and cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and stringy insides and then cut each half into three wedges, making sure that each slice is uniform.
Living Greener for Greater Health By Consuming Superfoods One great feature of green living is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is attainable regardless of how busy and frenzied your life is. We have to get back to where it was a lot better to prevent disease in the first place. The majority of men and women think nothing of abusing their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. Everywhere you look, you find out about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. In reality, several of these pills do help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. Unlike the car buying process, you cannot trade in your worn out body for a new one. You have to look after yourself while you can do so. Your body cannot function properly if it fails to have proper nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are eating is good for you? How often do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or purchase junk food at the local convenience store? Because people opt to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a lot others, probably triggered by the foods that are consumed. People are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Nowadays it is a lot easier to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. In all probability, your local grocery store now has an organic food aisle. This aisl is filled with what are today known as superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious health conditions. By ingesting these foods, your body will become healthier. You will begin to feel a whole lotso much better when you choose to ingest the superfoods instead of junk food. Your body will begin to run as it was meant to when you give it the right nutrition. When this happens, the immune system will be able to fight off any illness. See to it that you incorporate these superfoods into your diet every day. To start, beans are excellent, and berries, especially blueberries. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole grains, and oats, plus an assortment of nuts, mainly walnuts. In addition, you may want to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you eat these superfoods regularly, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. Green living provides you with a great diet plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your body will become disease free as your immune system gets healthier. Prepare for a great future by changing your eating habits now.