Meat pie. A great deep dish meat pie made with potatoes, carrots and peas in a rich gravy. Lamb chicken or pork can be used in place of beef. A great recipe for leftover meat!
Crimp around the edges using the tines of the fork, and remove any excess dough. Place the bottom crust in the pie plate and poke several holes in the crust with a fork. Make sure an ample amount of crust. You can cook Meat pie using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- Prepare 3 of cupsFlour.
- It’s 1 of kolo Minced meat.
- You need 1 of medium Onions.
- You need 1 of tbspGinger/garlic paste.
- It’s 4 of Chopped Irish potatoes.
- It’s 2 of Chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1 of knorr cubes Seasonings.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Curry powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1 of tbspVegetables oil.
- Prepare 2 cup of Butter.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
The pie came out tasting almost exactly like the ones we used to make! I added a pinch more salt and a little allspice to the recipe, also a teaspoon of poultry seasoning along with the sage that this recipe called for. I have saved this recipe and will continue the old tradition of meat pies for Thanksgiving and New Years Eve. Some time ago, when I was working at a newspaper, a co-worker happened to bring a meat pie for lunch.
Meat pie instructions
- Heat up the oil. Add the onions then add minced meat,ginger/garlic paste curry powder,thyme &fry the minced meat properly.add a cup of water&boil the minced meat with seasoning cube for about 10 mins. Add the chopped carrots and Irish potatoes to the pot then leave it to boil together with the meat,when the vegetables are done,take 0.5 cups of water and add 2 tbsps of flour. Make sure the water is cold. Add this mixture to the ingredients you are cooking. This will help the pie to be moist.
- Add water to the flour, baking powder,pinch of salt,butter and mix properly. Knead the dough to a soft smooth dough, then place the dough on a flat surface. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough,place on meat pie shape cutter and add the meat pie filling inside the dough then close it up. Ensure you paint the edges of the dough with egg so it does not reopen while baking..
- Paint the entire meat pie with the egg in order to achieve that rich brown colour. Grease the pan and then put your meat pie on the baking pan. Bake the meat pie for at least 30-40 minutes until it’s rich brown. Bite and enjoy the taste of the meat pie..
The aroma was familiar to me, and I asked for a taste. To my amazement, it was the same pie my grandmother used to serve when I was a youngster! I copied the meat pie recipe, and I have been enjoying it ever since. —Rita Winterberger, Huson, Montana Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add olive oil and ground beef. Cook the meat for several minutes, then add the onions, and mix well. Cook until the meat is no longer pink, then add remaining ingredients mixing well.
Going Green for Better Health By Consuming Superfoods One great feature of green living is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is doable no matter how filled and hectic your life is. We must get back to where it was better to prevent disease in the first place. Unfortunately, just about people don’t trouble themselves about their health as they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem right away. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make a few necessary changes in your life. Unlike buying a car, you won’t be able to exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You have to look after yourself while you can do so. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to run at optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are putting in your mouth is healthy for you? Do you usually eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food places? Ingesting sugar and starches, as well as greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are cropping up all of the time? The things we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. People are deciding to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. Nowadays it is much easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most likely, your local grocery store today has an organic food aisle. There you will be able to get what science has called superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been found to retard or reverse certain maladies. You will see that you think more clearly when you start to consume these superfoods. You will begin to feel a lot better when you choose to consume the superfoods in place of junk food. By getting the right nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to function. When this happens, it will enable your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. You need to have a number of superfoods in your diet everyday. Why not eat several beans or blueberries? Next, add some green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are some other foods to include. Make sure you include proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you eat these superfoods every day, you should get rid of any weight gain problems. Observing a green living meal plan will offer you just what you need to become healthy and fit. You will discover that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. Prepare for an awesome future by making positive changes to your eating habits now.