Crunchy meat pie. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, pork and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine potatoes and seasonings. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling.
Add the minced beef and stir until slightly brown, add seasoning cubes and stir. Meat Pies, Homemade, Crunchy, Crusty and Delicious This is a half and half of a regular meat pie and the Italian calzone which is an Italian oven baked turnover made with folded pizza. Calzone Meat Pie – Homemade, Crunchy, Crusty and Delicious. You can have Crunchy meat pie using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crunchy meat pie
- Prepare 500 of gram(3.5 cups) Flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Nutmeg.
- You need 1 ml of salt,1 tablespoon Sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder 250 grams Butter/margarine or 50/50.
- Prepare 2 of eggs 1/2 cup milk or water.
- You need of INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING 4 tbsp Vegetable oil 1/2medium-size.
- You need 500 of -grams minced meat 1/2 tsp Curry 1 Scotch Bonnet (Atarodo).
- It’s 1 Clove of minced garlic 2 seasoning cubes 1 tespoon salt.
- Prepare 2 of big Carrots 2 big potatoes 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of all-purpose flour.
This calzone meat pie is the best of both worlds. Half and half calzone ingredients which include the Italian meats and a regular browned minced beef and potato recipe. The dough holds very well with no underneath burning or sogginess. Add water gradually while mixing until your hands begin to come out clean, dough is no longer sticky.
Crunchy meat pie instructions
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FILLING Place your pan on medium heat, pour the vegetable oil and go add ahead to add the onions to saute for one minute. Add curry, salt, minced garlic, and scotch bonnet pepper. Allow them to saute. Add the minced beef and stir until slightly brown, add seasoning cubes and stir. At this juncture, go ahead to add the diced vegetables: Carrots and Potatoes. Cover to cook for about 2-3 minutes or until a bit tender..
- Add a cup of water to the sauce, then add the 2 tablespoons of flour to thicken the filling. Mix everything together thoroughly and allow to cook for about three minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to cool. INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DOUGH In a mixing or a stand mixer, pour the flour, add the sugar, nutmeg, salt, and the baking powder. Add the butter or margarine and mix in the flour until it looks like crumbly texture..
- Make a well in the middle to add the egg and mix thoroughly in the mixture. Add the milk or water and knead the dough until soft and smooth or until the right dough consistency is achieved. Cover and place the dough in the refrigerator to rest for about 30 minutes. CUT, FILL, AND FOLD.
- After taking the dough out from the freezer, drop it on a floured surface and knead it a little bit more. Cut into small pieces and grab your rolling pin. Roll each cut-out flat on the rolling mat, use your meat pie cutter or any round cutter to cut it out. Add 1 tablespoon of the filling. Brush the tip with some whisk egg and fold. If you are not using a meat pie cutter, use a fork to seal the tip, and remove the excess dough..
- Repeat this process until everything is being folded. BAKING THE MEAT PIE Set your oven to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F Bush your pan with butter to avoid sticking or line your baking tray with parchment paper. Arrange your pie in the tray and brush the top with egg..
- Place the tray in the oven and allow to bake between 20-25 minutes. When it's well cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool. Serve and enjoy with any chilled drink of your choice..
How to Accomplish that Flaky Meat Pie Crust? Mix ingredients with cold butter Tourtière, also known as pork pie or meat pie, is a combination of ground meat, onions, spices, and herbs baked in a traditional piecrust. There are many variations of tourtière throughout the regions of Franco-American communities and Canada and even among members of the same family. A great deep dish meat pie made with potatoes, carrots and peas in a rich gravy. Lamb chicken or pork can be used in place of beef.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Great Health One terrific feature of going green is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to do this, even in this hectic world we live in. We need to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. A lot of individuals have the attitude of destryong the body today, and mend it with a pill the next day. It isn’t possible to turn around without hearing about the newest pill to treat your health problems. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make a number of necessary changes in your life. As soon as your body wears out, you cannot exchange it for a new one, like your car. You have to look after your body while you can do so. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to work at top levels. Do you eat because food is available and you like what they taste or do you go for nutritional foods? Do you regularly eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that most people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. The things we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. People are deciding to eat better now that they realize how important food choices are to their health. Now it is much easier to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. These days, you can find an organic food area in nearly all grocery stores. There you will be able to find what science has called superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious illnesses. You will discover that you think more clearly when you ingest these superfoods. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note an amazing increase in how much better you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will help it to run optimally. When this happens, it will help your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. You must include a number of superfoods in your diet each day. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, along with a variety of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Make sure you include proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will eliminate your problems with gaining weight. Following a green living meal plan will offer you exactly what you need to be healthy. Your body will be free of disease as you build up your immune system. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits today.