Kilishi(Nigerian beef jerky). Nigerian Kilishi Kilishi (also Kilichi) is the spicy Nigerian Beef Jerky, another gift from Northern Nigeria. This is one of those Nigerian snacks that you can eat till your chin pain you yet you will not want to stop. How to make Kilishi [Video] Kilishi is one Nigerian snack native to Northern Nigeria.
I don't know what to compare this to – I didn't know of kilishi in Nigeria. Not as chewy as American jerky either – its like brittle suya meat. Kilishi originates from the northern part of Nigeria and is a peppery snack. You can have Kilishi(Nigerian beef jerky) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kilishi(Nigerian beef jerky)
- It’s 1 kg of Beef.
- It’s 1/2 of tspn garlic powder.
- Prepare of tspn cloves powder 1/2.
- Prepare Pinch of ginger powder.
- Prepare of Seasoning cubes 2.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need of Spices.
- It’s 1/2 of paprika.
- Prepare 2 Tbspn of Suya spice.
- It’s 1/3 cup of oil.
- It’s of Chopped Cucumber and green pepper(for garnishing).
Its making is one of the pillars of rural economy in Northern Nigeria. In that part of the country, this primordial pursuit is family business, one that is passed from one generation to the next. Kilishi is a spicy beef jerky originated from northern Nigeria. It is similar to suya but the preparation and texture are not the same.
Kilishi(Nigerian beef jerky) instructions
- Firstly remove all traces of fats from the beef, cut the beef into a very thin fillets try to make it as thin as possible..
- On a bowl put seasoning, salt, spices, ginger powder, garlic powder, paprika, cloves powder add oil and mixed..
- Dry the fillet of beef under the sun for atleast 6hours then soak it in the kilishi spice solution, line your oven tray with a baking sheet and lay the pieces of beef flat on it, set your oven at 180° and bake for 20minutes..
- On a bowl add your suya spice, pepper, oil and mix.
- After 20minutes remove it from the oven and brush it with the suya spice mixture, put it back in the oven and bake for additional 10-15 minutes,(at this stage, flip it from time to time keep a very good eye on it else it will become bone dry)..
- Please note that; the kilishi will become drier when it has cooled down completely so bear this in mind when deciding the time to bring it out from the oven..
- Finally here is our kilishi😋💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻you can serve it with more pepper if you wish but for me i don't like much pepper so i ate mine like that and i enjoyyyyy it😍😋💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻.
Nigerian Kilishi (Beef Jerky) Kilishi (also Kilichi) is the spicy Nigerian Beef Jerky, a recipe from the Northern Nigeria. Be the first to review "Nigerian Kilishi (Beef Jerky)" Cancel reply Your. Kilishi, the Nigerian beef jerky that is yet another gift from Northern Nigeria to Nigerian gastronomy is here. You will find the recipe on the website by clicking >> How to make Kilishi. Or watch the video below: The best Kilishi/Beef Jerky/Dambu Nama in Nigeria is obviously from Northern Nigeria.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One terrific feature of going green is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. In spite of the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can do this. We must go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Most individuals think nothing of not taking care of their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. We’re barraged with ads for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem right away. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old negative habits. When your body quites functioning properly, you won’t be able to get yourself a healthy one. You have to learn how to take care of your body as early as possible. Your body needs proper nutrients to function at its most effective levels. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or just eat whatever tastes good at the time? Do you usually eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food restaurants? Consuming sugar and starches, as well as oily foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are discovered all of the time? An increasing number of people are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases due to the foods they consume. A lot of people are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food shops. Virtually all grocery stores nowadays have organic foods. This aisl is filled with what are now acknowledged as superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious illnesses. Consuming these foods will improve your mental awareness and capabilities. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how healthy you will soon feel. Your body will start to work as it is supposed to when you give it the correct nutrition. When this happens, it will allow your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. Your daily diet have to have at least some of these super foods. Why not include a few beans or blueberries? Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Don’t forget whole grains and nuts. See to it that you include proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will get rid of your weight problems. Following a green living eating plan will give you just what you need for good health. You will find that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fend off disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits right now.