Beef and Potato Stew. This classic French beef stew, otherwise known as Beef Bourguignon, is the ultimate comfort food. Chunks of well-marbled beef are seared in olive oil what you'll need to make beef stew with carrots & potatoes. The most important thing is to start with the right cut of meat.
It's a comforting, delicious meal any day of the week. Make the beef stew the night before, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate; reheat single servings in the microwave or a slow cooker set on The meat was tender well before the allocated cooking time, and the carrots and potatoes were well done. The coziest beef stew with the most tender chunks of beef and sweet potato that just melt in your mouth! You can cook Beef and Potato Stew using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef and Potato Stew
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced onion.
- You need 1 head of garlic.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots.
- Prepare 10 of medium potatoes.
- It’s 1 can of roma tomatoes.
- It’s 2 pieces of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dried parsley.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of chicken seasoning.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- You need 3 tablespoon of vegetable spices.
- You need 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of sliced beef.
- It’s of Coriander and spring onion.
Is there anything else more cozy than a beef stew during the dead of winter? It's made with fall-apart braised beef and potatoes in an aromatic tomato sauce with just a sprinkle of dill on top. Every time I make this beef recipe in my kitchen. What kind of potatoes are best for beef stew?
Beef and Potato Stew instructions
- Press the sauté setting and let the pot heat up. Melt a tablespoon of butter and then pour in diced onion. Sauté until it turns translucent..
- Mince a head of garlic and pour into the pot. Stir altogether..
- Pour in 1 tablespoon of flour and a cup of water. Stir until well combined and the sauce gets thicken with no lumps..
- Peel and chop carrots and potatoes. Pour all ingredients into the pot. Mix well..
- Add in remaining water until everything is covered..
- Press stew setting and let it sit for about 20 minutes..
- Serve with coriander and spring onion..
We used Yukon gold but just use what you have on hand and prefer. Red potatoes are good with stew and so are russet potatoes. You can make Beef and potato stew stove top version but just note it is usually not as tender. When beef meets potatoes in a spiced sauce, nothing will go wrong. In my version of spiced beef and potato stew, I introduce onion instead of spring onion (which is commonly found in Chinese dishes) as the sweetness from caramelized onion is a great replacement for sugar.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green For Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of adopting a green lifestyle that most people appreciate. This is attainable regardless of how filled and hectic your life is. We have to get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. The majority of folks think nothing of not taking care of their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. We’re barraged with ads for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem instantly. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old negative habits. When your body wears out, you can’t exchange it for a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take goood care of yourself. Proper nutrition is important for your body to run at top levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are eating is good for you? Do you usually eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food joints? As most people opt to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. More and more folks are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases due to the foods they eat. Many people are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food stores. Majority of grocery stores nowadays carry organic foods. In the organic food section, you’ll see the superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious illnesses. You will see that you think more clearly when you ingest these foods. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice an astonishing increase in how healthy you feel. Your body will begin to run as it is supposed to when you give it the proper nutrition. This in turn will help your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. You must include a few superfoods in your diet everyday. Why not eat several beans or blueberries? Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are a few other foods to include. Moreover, you should eat yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems. Green living provides you with a healthy eating plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can become disease free. Prepare for an awesome future by changing your eating habits right now.