Meat pie. A great deep dish meat pie made with potatoes, carrots and peas in a rich gravy. Lamb chicken or pork can be used in place of beef. A great recipe for leftover meat!
Crimp around the edges using the tines of the fork, and remove any excess dough. Place the bottom crust in the pie plate and poke several holes in the crust with a fork. Make sure an ample amount of crust. You can cook Meat pie using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- You need of Puff pastry — 250g flour.
- Prepare 250 gms of margarine.
- You need 125 of ml.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Meat pies.
- Prepare 200 gms of puff pastry.
- Prepare 500 g of mince meat.
- You need 120 gm of onions.
- Prepare 2 bunches of dhania.
- It’s 2 pcs of beef cubes.
- It’s of Seasoning.
The pie came out tasting almost exactly like the ones we used to make! I added a pinch more salt and a little allspice to the recipe, also a teaspoon of poultry seasoning along with the sage that this recipe called for. I have saved this recipe and will continue the old tradition of meat pies for Thanksgiving and New Years Eve. Some time ago, when I was working at a newspaper, a co-worker happened to bring a meat pie for lunch.
Meat pie instructions
- Sieve the flour and salt together.
- Rub in 100gms margarine into the flour and add water and lemon juice.
- Make into a smooth dough and shape into a ball and relax for 20mins in a cold place.
- Cut the dough across half way through and pull out the corners and roll into a shape.
- Place the margarine in the centre of the dough and fold over the flaps four times.
- Roll out into and oblong shape and give a double turn, relax in a fridge for 20 mins.
- Remove from the fridge and give three more double turns relaxing for 20mins.
- Relax in a cool place before using.
- For the pie — Boil the minced meat in salty water.
- Finely chop the onions and saute' them in margarine.
- Add the seasoning and dry out.
- Cool and roll out the pastry and cut into rings.
- Put the fillings at the centre and moisten the edges and put another ring on top then firmly seal.
- Decorate with a fork and egg wash.
- Leave to relax for a while before baking.
- Bake in a hot oven at 220 degrees for 25mins in a dampened tray..
The aroma was familiar to me, and I asked for a taste. To my amazement, it was the same pie my grandmother used to serve when I was a youngster! I copied the meat pie recipe, and I have been enjoying it ever since. —Rita Winterberger, Huson, Montana Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add olive oil and ground beef. Cook the meat for several minutes, then add the onions, and mix well. Cook until the meat is no longer pink, then add remaining ingredients mixing well.
Going Green for Greater Health By Eating Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of going green that most people appreciate. This is achievable regardless of how busy and hectic your life is. We should get back to the point where it was better to avoid disease in the first place. Regrettably, most people don’t worry about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. You can’t turn around without hearing about the latest pill to deal with your health problems. There are some pills that help, but only if you make a few essential modifications in your life. Unlike purchasing a new car, you cannot exchange your worn out body for a new one. You must learn how to look after your health as early as possible. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to function at top levels. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or simply eat the food that tastes good at the time? How often do you eat at your local fast food place or buy junk food at the local convenience store? As a lot of folks opt to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and a lot others, likely caused by the foods that are consumed. Individuals are becoming more and more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Good nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food shops. Today, you can find an organic food aisle in almost all grocery stores. In this section of the store, you’ll be able to find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to delay certain diseases, or even reverse them. Consuming these superfoods will help your mental health. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how well you will soon feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to function. When this happens, the immune system can fight off any disease. Be sure to integrate these superfoods into your diet. Why not add several beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, together with a mix of nuts, primarily walnuts. In addition, you have to eat yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. When you eat these superfoods every day, you should eliminate any weight gain problems. You will enjoy great health once you choose to eat the green living way. You will see that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. You can look forward to a healthy future by altering your food choices today.