Macrobiotic Simmered Hijiki Seaweed and Konnyaku. Stir fry the konnyaku and hijiki seaweed together quickly. Add enough of the hijiki seaweed soaking water to cover the ingredients halfway (use regular water if there isn't enough soaking water). Bring to a boil and cover with a lid.
Put a few drops of oil in a pot, then sauté the konnyaku until it starts to making squeaking noises. Add the rinsed and drained kiriboshi daikon, carrots, and onions, then lightly sauté. Great recipe for Simmered Hijiki Seaweed with Gochujang. You can cook Macrobiotic Simmered Hijiki Seaweed and Konnyaku using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Macrobiotic Simmered Hijiki Seaweed and Konnyaku
- Prepare 150 grams of Konnyaku.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Hijiki seaweed (dried).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Green onion, parsley or other garnish.
Long Hijiki Seaweed from Kyushu, with crunchiness and the aroma of the sea. Grown in the ocean surrounding Japan, seaweed is a fantastic source of minerals. Hijiki seaweed, sliced carrot and aburaage (deep fried thin tofu) are cooked in sweet soy-flavoured dashi stock. Because it is a simmered dish and served at room temperature, hijiki seaweed salad is usually made ahead and kept in the fridge for a few days so that it can be added to the meal as one of a few side dishes to add variety to the meal.
Macrobiotic Simmered Hijiki Seaweed and Konnyaku instructions
- Parboil the konnyaku, rub it a little with salt and rinse. You can skip this step if you use konnyaku that doesn't need parboiling..
- Rinse the hijiki seaweed lightly, soak for about 5 minutes and squeeze out tightly. Don't discard the soaking water..
- Slice the konnyaku into thin rectangular slices. If the hijiki is long, cut it to the same length as the konnayku..
- Stir fry the konnyaku in a dry pan (no oil added). When the moisture on the surface is gone, push the konnyaku to the side of the pan, add the sesame oil to the empty space on the bottom, add the hijiki seaweed and stir fry to 2 to 3 minutes..
- Stir fry the konnyaku and hijiki seaweed together quickly. Add enough of the hijiki seaweed soaking water to cover the ingredients halfway (use regular water if there isn't enough soaking water)..
- Bring to a boil and cover with a lid. Simmer over low heat until the hijiki seaweed is tender. If the pan gets dry before the hijiki is tender, add a little water..
- When the hijiki is tender enough to mash with your fingers, flavor with soy sauce and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes..
- Stop simmering when there's still some liquid left in the pan. Garnish and serve..
- If you make a lot, chop some up the next day and stir-fry it with tofu to make a delicious scrambled tofu dish. You can even use it as a gyoza dumpling filling!.
Strain Hijiki and drain the water as much as you can. Hijiki (ヒジキ, 鹿尾菜 or 羊栖菜, hijiki) (Sargassum fusiforme, syn. Hizikia fusiformis) is a brown sea vegetable growing wild on rocky coastlines around Japan, Korea, and China. Hijiki has been a part of the Japanese diet for centuries. It is rich in dietary fibre and essential minerals such as calcium, iron, and magnesium.
Living Greener for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods One of the strongest points of going green is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this fast-paced world we are in. We have to take a step back and fix diseases before they develop. Most people think nothing of not taking care of their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. We’re barraged with adverts for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. In reality, some of these pills do help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. As soon as your body wears out, you can’t trade it in for a new one, like your car. You should look after yourself while you have the ability to do so. Proper nutrition is important for your body to run at optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are putting in your mouth is healthy for you? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and greasy food that most people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. More and more folks are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases because of the foods they ingest. Men and women are becoming more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Good nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food stores. Nowadays, you can find an organic food section in virtually all grocery stores. This section is filled with what are now recognized as superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been proven to slow down or reverse certain illnesses. You will see that you think more clearly when you start to consume these superfoods. You will begin to feel a lot better when you decide to ingest the superfoods rather than junk food. Your body will start to function as it is supposed to when you give it the right nutrition. When this happens, the immune system can fight off any disease. Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your diet every day. To start, beans are excellent, and berries, particularly blueberries. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Don’t forget whole cereals and nuts. Moreover, you need to have yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will eliminate your weight problems. Green living gives you a healthy eating plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body is likely to be free of disease. Prepare for a great future by modifying your eating habits today.