Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Spicy asian chicken rendang recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy asian chicken rendang recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy asian chicken rendang recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Every person knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t constantly enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. At the conclusion of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
Be wise when you do your food shopping. When you make wise choices at the grocery store, your meals will get much healthier immediately. At the conclusion of your day do you really want to deal with jampacked grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to go to your house and make a little something from your kitchen. Fill your cupboards with healthy foods. This way, even when you determine that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are many things you can do to become healthy. An expensive gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do small things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart about the decisions you make each day is a start. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. It’s about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy asian chicken rendang recipe. You can cook spicy asian chicken rendang using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy asian chicken rendang:
- Provide of whole chicken (cut into 12pieces each chicken).
- Take of onions.
- Take of garlic.
- You need of thumbs size ginger.
- Get of thumbs size blue ginger or galangal).
- Get of thumb size yellow ginger.
- You need of lemongrass (choped to blend).
- You need of chili paste.
- Use of lemongrass.
- Use of lime leaves (kaffir leaves).
- Prepare of tumeric leaves.
- Prepare of tamarind sauce.
- Get of sugar (or lesser).
- Take of salt.
- Take of coconut milk.
- Use of roasted coconut paste.
- Provide of cooking oil.
Steps to make Spicy asian chicken rendang:
- Blend all the ingredients below to make the spices paste (rempah).
- Heat 1/2 cup of Oil to saute all the blended ingredients and chili paste until it sufficiently cooked, allowing the oil to separate and float about the other ingredients, forming two distinct layers. That is when one knows that the rempah is almost ready, as it darkens considerably and begins to glisten..
- Mix chicken with the rempah paste. Continue to cook until the chicken skin begins to brown slightly..
- Coconut milk is then added, and together with it the kaffir lime leaves, tumeric leaves, lemongrass. Crushing or ripping the leaves help to release the aroma from the leaves. Everything is stirred thoroughly before being allowed to simmer, without the lid so as to allow the sauce to darken as well as thicken..
- Add coconut paste and stir well to incorporate into rendang gravy. Taste and adjust with salt, sugar, tamarind sauce accordingly.Continue to heat for another 10-20 min until low heat until the chicken is nicely tender and the gravy is thick and reduced..
There are lots of rendang variation out there, such as chicken rendang, beef rendang, lamb rendang, cockle rendang etc… and my favourite is cockle rendang. The cockle rendang is delicious and awesome. THIS aromatic chicken rendang is gently braised in a robust rempah comprising fresh lemongrass, turmeric and galanglal mingled in fresh coconut milk. Don't skip the kerisik, it's the flavour bomb that makes this scrumptious rendang fit for a celebratory festive meal. Chicken Rendang – amazing Malaysian-Indonesian chicken stew with spices and coconut milk.
If you find this Spicy asian chicken rendang recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.