Ugali plus Stewed Fried Beef. A classic Kenyan beef stew accompanied with properly cooked Ugali is everyone's favourite. My method is one that results in beautifully cooked tender meat, however, you may some times purchase meat that is hard and needs to be boiled before adding to the pot. Freshly cut tomato side for fried beef.
Loaded with ginger, garlic, red onions, and succulent beef, this Kenyan Beef Curry is full of flavor and savory goodness. Grab the Kenyan Beef Curry recipe HERE Ugali – a Kenyan Cornmeal Porridge Simple and satisfying, this cornmeal porridge is the perfect accompaniment to soups, stews, and savory curries. To serve, ladle stew into bowls and top with a big triangular hunk of ugali (sliced like pie). You can have Ugali plus Stewed Fried Beef using 15 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ugali plus Stewed Fried Beef
- Prepare of wet fried beef.
- You need 3/4 kg of Beef – Few Bones.
- Prepare 2 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of Large Onions.
- Prepare 1 of medium Size Ginger.
- You need 3 of Garlic Cloves.
- It’s 1 Bunch of Dhania.
- It’s 8 of Potatoes.
- It’s 3 Pcs of Royco Cubes.
- You need 1 tbl of spoon Salt.
- It’s 1 tbl of spoon Simba mbili Curry powder.
- It’s of ugali chapter.
- It’s of Maize Flour.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- You need 1 tbls of spoon Blue Band Margarine.
Using your right hand, tear off a small piece of ugali, roll into a ball, make an indentation with your thumb, and use it to scoop up the stew. Optional: Finish the meal with whole milk and ugali. Cut the onion, tomato, carrot, potato, and beef into average hunks. Next, brown the onions in oil over medium heat.
Ugali plus Stewed Fried Beef instructions
- Boil The beef and Potatoes in a Separate Sufuria untill tender..
- Prepare the Ginger and garlic and pound them in a pestle n mortar..
- Dice the onions Finely and set on a large cooking pan and fry them till golden brownish…then add Tomatoes and click to a paste.
- Shallow fry the boiled beef only without the potatoes and add onions and fry for 3minutes.
- Add tomatoes and fry for 3 minutes then add tomato paste.
- Add the Royco Cubes and Curry Powder.
- Add the stock (the one left after boiling the beef) to avoid burning the pan.
- Add hot water until the beef and Potatoes are drowned then simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Mix some corn flour and mix in half a cup of water. The add to the stew to thicken..
- Cover and boil for 10 minutes on LOW HEAT.
- UGALI: Measure 3 cups of water into a sufuria.
- Add maize Flour and stir until it turns into something like really watery uji….
- Add one tablespoon of Blue Band and stir till it melts and the mixture turns heavy.
- Add four and mix as it turns to ugali.
- Keep stirring and leave to bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve and beat to shape then cover to keep hot.
Then increase heat to high, add the beef and brown. (Do it in batches if necessary). Add beef and fry till it starts to brown. Fry the onion first until it starts turning brown, then put in the tomatoes. Take the Royco and put it in a small cup and add little water then stir. Add the stirred Royco into the cooking pot.
Living Greener for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of green living that a lot of folks appreciate. It is possible to do this, even in this hectic world we live in. We must take a step back and prevent diseases before they come about. A lot of people think nothing of not taking care of their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. It isn’t possible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the newest pill to cure you of your health problems. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make a couple of necessary changes in your life. When your body stops working properly, you cannot obtain a new body. You shouldn’t delay or it will be too late to take care of your health. Proper nutrition is important for your body to work at optimum levels. Do you eat because something is available and you enjoy what they taste or do you go for healthy foods? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food eating places? As most people decide to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and several others, probably induced by the foods that are eaten. Men and women are becoming more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food stores. Most likely, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food aisle. There you will be able to see what science has called superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious maladies. You will see that you think more clearly when you ingest these superfoods. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice a surprising increase in how good you feel. Your body will start to work as it was meant to when you provide it with the correct nutrition. When this happens, the immune system will be able to fight off any disease. Be sure to add these superfoods into your daily eating routine. To start with, beans are great, and berries, especially blueberries. Next, add a few green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Include whole grains and nuts. Also, you may want to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will eliminate your weight problems. Green living gives you a great diet plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body can potentially be free of disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.