Creamy Potato Soup. One of my go-to soup recipes and a reader favorite! It's such a creamy and comforting soup. Just be sure not to leave off the cheddar and bacon (or ham), they add lots of flavor!
One of America's favorite comfort foods, potato soup is served everywhere from steakhouses to country diners. Chef Jason Hill shares this creamy potato soup. This creamy potato soup is quick and easy to prepare. You can cook Creamy Potato Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Potato Soup
- Prepare 4-5 of russet potatoes – peeled, cut to 1/2" cubes.
- Prepare 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 of medium onion – finely chopped (almost minced).
- You need 6 tbs of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of half and half or evaporated milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of salt (more as needed to taste).
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of celery seed (not salt) – optional.
I like to use red potatoes for soup because they are firm but yield a creamier result. Keep a bit of the skin on for that home-style look and flavor! Reviews for: Photos of Creamy Potato Soup. Creamy Potato Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Creamy Potato Soup step by step
- Place prepped potatoes and chicken broth in a 4-6 quart pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes in colander placed over a large bowl to reserve the broth. Set aside..
- Return pot to stove over medium heat. Add butter. When melted add onion and sautée about 2 minutes. Wisk in flour and cook 2 minutes more..
- Carefully add broth back to pot, wisking constantly to prevent and break up any lumps. As soon as broth is smooth and begins to thicken wisk in half and half, and then milk..
- Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a simmer until about the thickness of a loose gravy, wisking constantly. This took about 5 minutes from adding the milk to thickened for me..
- Wisk in salt amd pepper (and celery seed if using). Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Carefully return potatoes to pot. Gently stir with a wooden spoon to incorporate. Serve immediately. Enjoy!.
This ultra creamy potato soup is so comforting and delicious! Potatoes – You can't have potato soup without them! I highly recommend using Yukon gold potatoes for this recipe. When I was a kid, my mom made a potato soup for us that was very much like this one. This simple potato soup is ultra creamy and comforting!
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One of the best points of going green is to slow down and revel in life. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this fast-paced world we are living in. We have to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. A lot of individuals have the attitude of ruining the body today, and heal it with a pill tomorrow. It isn’t possible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the latest pill to cure you of your health problems. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make some needed alterations in your life. Unlike buying a car, you can’t exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take care of yourself. Your body needs the right nutrients to run at its optimum levels. Do you eat because food is available and you love the taste or do you decided to eat healthy foods? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food joint or buy junk food at the local convenience store? Ingesting sugar and starches, and oily foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and a lot others, likely triggered by the foods that are consumed. People are choosing to eat better now that they are aware of how crucial food choices are to their health. Good nutritious food is now readily available at local grocery and health food shops. Today, you can find an organic food section in almost all grocery stores. In this aisle, you’ll find superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious illnesses. Ingesting these superfoods will . Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note an astonishing increase in how good you feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to function. When this happens, your immune system will easily fight off health conditions. Your daily diet have to include at least several of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Include whole grains and nuts. Also, you may want to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will get rid of your weight problems. Green living offers you a good eating plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. You will find that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fight against disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits right now.