Wakame seaweed salad. Drain, rinse then squeeze out excess water. Stir together vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, pepper flakes, ginger, and garlic in a bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add the seaweed, scallions, carrots, and cilantro, tossing to combine well.
Simply place in a bowl of water for twenty minutes. While the seaweed is soaking, prepare the dressing. This Wakame seaweed is NOT the light green transparent seaweed in the photos. You can cook Wakame seaweed salad using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wakame seaweed salad
- You need 20 grams of dried wakame seaweed.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 1/4 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of grated ginger (2-3cm).
- You need 2 clove of grated garlic.
- It’s 2 tsp of sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 of packet Dashi (optional, depends on how fishy your seaweed is).
- Prepare 1 tsp of starch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cold water.
Drain, then squeeze out excess water. Amongst the most popular edible types of seaweeds are Wakame and Kombu, (a member of the kelp family, a key ingredient for making dashi soup). Also, Nori, Hijiki (a brown seaweed that is often cooked in stir-fries or served with fish). And that's just to name a few.
Wakame seaweed salad step by step
- Properly rinse seaweed several times, dunk it in boiling water for a few seconds and rinse again..
- Grate garlic and ginger and mix all ingredients for dressing (use mortar for a better blend).
- Pour dressing over seaweed in a pot and simmer on gentle heat for one minute.
- Depending on used seaweed, add sugar / vinegar / soy sauce to taste. For wakame, quantities provided here should be enough, but when I used another, thicker spaghetti-like seaweed, I needed to add 1 tbsp of each and a packet of Dashi (japanese fish stock with glutamane) to get the taste right.
- To thicken sauce, dissolve one teaspoon starch in one tablespoon of COLD water and add to boiling dish. Immediately take off the heat, whisk thoroughly and bring to one more quick boil. Keep whisking during this procedure..
- Let cool down to room temperature, place in a jar and refrigerate. For better taste let soak for several days.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sesame oil and serve at room temperature..
The best choices for seaweed salad would be wakame, hijiki, and mild-tasting. Trim away any rough stems, then coarsely chop the wakame. Drain the cucumber slices and pat dry. Out of curiosity, I looked up what the salad is made of. Besides a mixture of seaweed, seaweed stem (Kuki wakame) and seaweed sprout (Mekabu), there were some ingredients that I had not expected.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Superb Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One good thing about adopting a green lifestyle is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. In spite of the fast pace of our modern world, you can accomplish this. We have to take a step back and prevent diseases before they occur. A lot of individuals think nothing of not taking care of their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. We’re barraged with ads for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem right away. There are some pills that help, but only if you make a couple of necessary modifications in your life. When your body wears out, you can’t exchange it for a new one, like your car. You need to learn how to look after it before it is too late. Your body cannot work correctly if it fails to get the right nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what you are putting in your mouth is beneficial for you? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that virtually all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. The things we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. People are choosing to eat better now that they know how crucial food choices are to their health. Nowadays it is a lot easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Nowadays, you can find an organic food aisle in almost all grocery stores. There you will be able to find what science has termed superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious illnesses. You will observe that you think more clearly when you eat these superfoods. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how good you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will help it to run optimally. As a result, the immune system is better able to fight off any disease. Your daily diet have to include at least some of these super foods. Why not add some beans or blueberries? Next, try adding several green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are a few other foods to include. See to it that you consume proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will get rid of your weight problems. Following a green living meal plan will give you just what you need to become healthy and fit. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body can potentially be free of disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.