Chicken, Parma ham & bean supper. Creamy brie cheese tucked into chicken breast covered in Parma ham (prosciutto). Easy to make and tastes delicious! The Parma ham can be replaced by bacon, and you can use any cheese you like.
Place a basil leaf on the tomato and drape cheese slices over the top to cover the chicken completely. The parmigiana can be prepared to this point up to several hours in advance. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. You can cook Chicken, Parma ham & bean supper using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken, Parma ham & bean supper
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 8 of chicken thighs.
- It’s 5 slices of Parma or Serrano ham, roughly cut into pieces about 3cm.
- Prepare 2 of leeks, sliced.
- It’s 1 stick of celery, sliced.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 200 ml of dry white wine.
- It’s 200 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grainy mustard.
- You need 2 of x 400g tins cannellini beans, drained but not rinsed.
- It’s of Salt and black pepper.
- You need Handful of parsley or coriander leaves, chopped.
Chicken parmigiana, or chicken parmesan (Italian pollo alla parmigiana), is a dish that consists of breaded chicken breast covered in tomato sauce and mozzarella, parmesan, or provolone cheese. A slice of ham or bacon is sometimes added. It is also known colloquially in the United States as chicken parm and in Australia as a parma, parmi, or parmy. Wrap each chicken breast with two slices of Parma ham and put them on a baking sheet.
Chicken, Parma ham & bean supper instructions
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a casserole dish. Quickly brown the chicken thighs thoroughly in small batches and set aside..
- Deglaze the dish with a very little wine if it looks necessary. Then lower the heat slightly, add the second tbsp oil and cook the leeks for 2 minutes, stirring gently. Then stir in the celery and cook for a further 2 minutes..
- Add the garlic and rosemary, stir gently but thoroughly and cook for another minute..
- Add the wine, stirring sufficiently firmly to dislodge any sticking. Add the mustard, stock and beans. Give it all another gentle but thorough stir, add the ham and return the chicken to the dish..
- Bring back to the boil, occasionally stirring, then reduce heat to a good simmer and put a lid on the casserole dish. Cook for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through but still moist and tender..
- Season to taste, then sprinkle the parsley or coriander on and serve immediately with the carbs of your choice. We usually have a few new potatoes or some granary bread..
Pan-fry chicken, in batches, until golden. Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper Top chicken with ham, diced tomatoes and cheese. Lay two Parma ham slices on the board, overlapping them slightly. Put a sage leaf in the middle and lay an open chicken breast on top. Spoon a quarter of the ricotta mixture onto themiddle of the chicken, then fold the sides together again, to enclose the filling.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Good Way To Go Green For Better Health One of the best reasons for adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and revel in life. Even with the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can achieve this. We need to take a step back and fight diseases before they develop. Numerous people have the attitude of destryong the body today, and heal it with a pill later on. We’re bombarded with advertisements for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old negative habits. When your body stops working properly, you can’t obtain a new body. You mustn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take goood care of your health. Your body cannot function properly if it doesn’t have adequate nutrition. Do you eat because something is available and you love the taste or do you opt for nutritional foods? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or buy junk food at the local convenience store? Ingesting sugar and starches, and also oily foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are cropping up all of the time? More and more people are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases as a result of the foods they eat. People are opting to eat better now that they know how important food choices are to their health. Nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food stores. Majority of grocery stores these days sell organic foods. This aisl is full of what are now known as superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious maladies. Ingesting these foods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see a surprising increase in how much better you feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to function. As a result, the immune system will be able to fight off any malady. Make sure you add these superfoods into your diet. Why not include several beans or blueberries? Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Include whole food grains and nuts. In addition, you have to eat yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t ever have a weight problem again. Green living gives you a great eating plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can potentially become disease free. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices right now.