Slow Cooker Beef Pie Filling.
You can have Slow Cooker Beef Pie Filling using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef Pie Filling
- You need 250 grams of cubed stewing beef.
- You need 1 large of onion.
- You need 1 of parsnip or root veg of your choice peeled (eg carrot, turnip).
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 400 grams of tin of tomatoes (mashed to lumpy mush).
- You need 2 of cubes of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 of half fill the empty tin of tomatoes with either red wine or water.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of big pinch of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of few sprigs of fresh thyme off the stalk.
Slow Cooker Beef Pie Filling instructions
- brown the beef off in a pan on a high heat. make sure to do half the beef at a time to not over crowd. add to the slow cooker pot.
- roughly dice the onion and parsnip. thinly slice the garlic. add it all to the pot and the water/wine.
- add the tomatoes and crumble the stock cubes into the pot. add the bay leaves, thyme and salt and pepper.
- put the lid on and leave for 4 hours.
- once the meat is tender and falls apart turn off the heat. using a holed spoon remove the meat. either transfer the juices to a pan and simmer until reduced. or as I like to do to make the juices richer sprinkle 2tbsp of beef gravy granules and mix in..
- layer a pie dish with pastry then the meat. pour the juices (now gravy) over the top and top with more pastry. baste the lid with milk, melted butter or beaten egg. poke a couple of holes in the top and bake until pastry is golden brown.
- skip out the pastry and just enjoy as a rich hearty stew.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of adopting a green lifestyle that a lot of folks appreciate. It is possible to attain this, even in this hectic world we are living in. We need to go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. A lot of individuals have the attitude of ruining the body today, and mend it with a pill later on. We’re bombarded with ads for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem instantly. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old negative habits. When your body quites functioning right, you can’t get a new one. You need to look after yourself while you have the ability to do so. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to function at optimum levels. Do you eat because something is available and you like the taste or do you go for healthy foods? Do you regularly eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food restaurants? Consuming sugar and starches, as well as greasy foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are discovered all of the time? An increasing number of folks are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases as a result of the foods they consume. People are opting to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. Healthy food is now found at local grocery and health food markets. In all probability, your local grocery store today has an organic food aisle. There you will be able to see what science has named superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been found to retard or reverse some illnesses. Eating these foods will . As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how healthy you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will help it to function well. When this happens, the immune system is better able to fight off any health condition. Be sure to add these superfoods into your diet every day. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Next, add several green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Include whole food grains and nuts. Moreover, you may wish to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Eating from this list of foods, you will never have a weight problem again. Green living equips you with a healthy diet plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fight against disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits now.