Creamed Matoke and Sweet Potatoes.
You can cook Creamed Matoke and Sweet Potatoes using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamed Matoke and Sweet Potatoes
- It’s of Peeled Green bananas/Matoke.
- It’s of Peeled Sweet Potatoes.
- It’s of Sliced Onions.
- You need of Blended/grated tomatoes.
- You need of Freshly crushed ginger and garlic.
- It’s of Carrots (optional).
- It’s of Yoghurt.
- It’s of Spices of choice ie black pepper, coriander or cumin.
Creamed Matoke and Sweet Potatoes step by step
- Boil your peeled Green bananas/Matoke until it softens.
- Boil your peeled sweet potatoes until soft but make sure they don't overcook.
- As they boil prep your carrots, onions and freshly crushed garlic and ginger.
- Fry the onions for about a minute on low heat and add the crushed ginger and garlic followed by any other spice of choice.
- Add in the mix your tomato paste and season it with salt. Let it simmer for 5 minutes then add your boiled Matoke and sweet potatoes.
- Add water to your liking to the mix and let it cool until the stew boils.
- Serve it while hot with a side vegetable of your choice the pour yoghurt on top. Enjoy..
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of adopting a green lifestyle that many individuals appreciate. This is possible regardless of how filled and frantic your life is. We must take a step back and fix diseases before they come about. A lot of people think nothing of abusing their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. Wherever you look, you hear about some magic pill that will instantly fix your latest problem. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old negative habits. When your body wears out, you cannot get a new one, like your car. You need to look after your body while you are able to. Your body requires sufficient amounts of nutrients to operate at its optimum levels. Do you eat because food is available and you enjoy the taste or do you opt for nutritional foods? Do you regularly eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food restaurants? Since most people decide to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, likely caused by the foods that are eaten. A lot of people are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. A lot of good food can now be found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Most grocery stores nowadays carry organic foods. There you will be able to find what science has named superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious maladies. Eating these superfoods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice an amazing increase in how good you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will enable it to run optimally. As a result, the immune system will be able to fight off any disease. You need to include a number of superfoods in your diet daily. First off, beans are great, and berries, in particular blueberries. Then, try to add a few green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are some other foods to include. Make sure you include proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t have to worry about your weight again. Green living gives you a healthy diet plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can potentially become disease free. You can expect to have a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.